News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Alarm Cabinet....wired in now...

Started by Babybearjs, September 18, 2017, 04:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well.... as I had planned, by customizing my 66 blocks, I was able to add in my alarm cabinet... 30 lamps and 5 push buttons... its going to be real nice to have it fully installed....
John

Babybearjs

the top row is for the station lights, since I only have 5 lines, lamps 6-10 currently are not wired. the middle row is for the incoming signal. the station lamps 1,2,4, and 5 are connected to terminal #7A on my 202 and terminals #7A, B, and C. these stay lit until the line is picked up. I currently have a buzzer across #7B and 8B for signalling... I have yet to add the rest of the buzzers. Line 3 is my intercom, so that lamp is not wired in yet. lamps 6-10 will be for pilot lamp use, if used.
The bottom Row, is for my intercom signals. they are attached to the audible signalling circuit from 11A TO 20A on my 207C KTU. Currently positions 2-9 are wired as these are my station designations for the buzzers. station 1 is unused and station 10 (0) is for testing. I have yet to wire and designate the push buttons on the unit. the second 10 VAC power source on my 20B2 Power plant is for my doorbell circuit. the last 5 white lamps will be for power indication. these are yet to be wired. inside the cabinet I have had to modify the wiring, and lamp voltages.... some lamps are 12V and others are 24V I bought some 12 volt T2 lamps that work great in this assembly, but can't be used in a regular phone because they are too long to fit in the 636 assembly but work fine in this cabinet. the #51 lamps could work too but the lens would be dimer because the lamp is so far in..... and, of course I had a load of 24 Volt bulbs... so they got used...
John