Main Menu

Opening Day 5/9/17

Started by Doug Rose, May 08, 2017, 08:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I took the day off!....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Jan and got there at 7:30 AM and left at 3:30 PM, 8 hour of walking. Stellar day!! 14 really nice phones, 4 sticks,  AE 50, AE35....yes a 35 in like new condition, a WE130 Donut phone and what looks to be BRASS 302. It has WE H1 stamp on it.  Look at it, it has brass showing thru everywhere. I have not opened it but  looks interesting.  Time for a shower! ::)
Kidphone

K1WI

Didn't see you there.... Looks like you got all the good items. Went early and got a few phones , nothing exciting ,will post pix when back in country.   Did find lots and lots of other stuff all at good prices !

K1WI   Andy F
Andy F    K1WI

Jim Stettler

Some very nice finds.
Jim S.
A long time ago Steve Hilsz had some brass 302 housings produced. You could ask him if his housings were marked.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

Jim...I had a Steve Hilsz brass cover. They were not successful remake and did not fit properly. The inside did not look anything like a normal metal 302.  I will open this up the weekend. High hopes.

Andy ....did you get the Factory Black WE #10 from Roy...Doug
Kidphone

rdelius

While at COT if a brass plated set was not perfect enough,it would get painted.

WEBellSystemChristian

Nice finds!

Are you sure the brass housing isn't a refurbed metallic color, like Old Brass or Dark Gold?
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

Robbie/Christian....from the outside, it does appear to be brass, not plated or painted. I tried scratching on the bottom sides to get it the brass to move. No metal showing as a chipped cradle usually shows and I scratched that as well. Only so much you can do with a seller watching you. If this was a stick, I would be a 100% certain it was brass peaking through. I am excited over this phone even though I did have much better finds yesterday.

It was a great day and some really great phones were seen, some passed as price was an issue. Most were very reasonable for an Antique show. It started out at 35 degrees and was cloudy and cold most of the day. Not Spring day, but a typical NE weather day. Good news, NO RAIN. We kept moving, so it wasn't too bad. I came home from 8 hours of walking to obsession #2, I cut my grass  :o  My legs are barking at me this morning.

Brimfield is just a fantastic event, Jan and I had a great time. Nothing beats opening day at Brimfield....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Christian....great observation. This was a WE refurb as it was first painted the dull red and then gold. It has clear plungers with black spray paint on them. I tried to save the gold paint as it was superb, but the red kept coming through.   >:(  It is now being completely stripped.  :( The back paint was fair at best. I walked away from it and then went back....TWICE! Jan couldn't understand until I showed her what I thought was brass. She is good.

I held out hope against reality that it was brass. Probably the only phone I overpaid for in this really nice haul.

Good Eyes.....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Well, it was still worth it. You have a nice 302, plus a couple clear plungers out of it! ;)

If I found those phones at one of the flea markets around here, my heart and brain would probably explode simultaneously! We just don't have many phones that old or extraordinary rare around here. Some of the rarest phones I have found locally are usually 500s or ten button phones. Fortunately, I specialize in those... ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

Opening Day at Brimfield, I am just back at work and not 100% yet, so Jan did the 7 hour walk herself. 12 Phone 3 subsets and 2 AE handsets....she done good!....Doug
Kidphone

Pourme

Jan strikes again! Good job as always!

That Imperial looks good, from what I can see.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

monophone_lover

Rob
ATCA # 4057

oldguy

Jan did a great job again, congratulations Doug.
Gary

tubaman

Is that a Stromberg Carlson 1178 I see there - with original handset.
A super hoard - wish we had events like that in the UK.
Actually, it's probably good that we don't as I suspect top management (aka the wife) would have things to say if I turned up with that much stuff! ;D