News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

what is it with people.

Started by Babybearjs, November 25, 2019, 02:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

>:( oh did this get me!  I was at our church thanksgiving meal and one of the women were talking about getting vendors for the Christmas bazaar and I mentioned that I had phones that could be sold.... the first thing out of her mouth was turning them into lamps! EEK! so, now I know where the idea came from..... a woman...
John

twocvbloke

Gotta love people, taking valuable pieces of history, and turning them into worthless junk... :(

MMikeJBenN27

Never could figure out why people want to turn a phone into a lamp.

Babybearjs

crazy! I'm glad I won't be doing business with her... no sense of history...
John

tallrick

I do not own a single lamp but a phone is in every room. Who in the world other than some old ladies even wants a lamp today ?

twocvbloke

I have various lamps (mostly Ikea "Tertial" anglepoise work lamps, because they were £7.50 at the time, now £9 apparently, still a bargain though!), as well as a few homebrew things I've cobbled together out of actual junk for running on 12vDC, no object of value has been harmed in the making of my illumination devices... :)

HarrySmith

IIRC They were originally created for 4H Club or Boy Scout projects. I forget here I heard/read that. Might have been here or on the lists.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jim Stettler

Quote from: HarrySmith on November 29, 2019, 11:08:34 AM
IIRC They were originally created for 4H Club or Boy Scout projects. I forget here I heard/read that. Might have been here or on the lists.
Popular Mechanics ran an article on converting telephones to Lamps. Could of been from Junior Achievement as well
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dan/Panther

Quote from: twocvbloke on November 25, 2019, 08:59:50 AM
Gotta love people, taking valuable pieces of history, and turning them into worthless junk... :(

Funny how the world sees it the exact opposite.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HarrySmith

Quote from: Jim Stettler on November 29, 2019, 12:05:42 PM
Popular Mechanics ran an article on converting telephones to Lamps. Could of been from Junior Achievement as well

I thought it was one of those clubs. Forgot about JA.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"