News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

2565HKM line light

Started by crashman2600, January 10, 2021, 11:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crashman2600

I have converted a 2565HKM to single line use. After some parts sent from my dad, everything works. Dial pad, ringer, I even found a thread on how to wire the line light. Problem is it stays lit whenever the button is depressed. Can I wire through the switch hook so the light will come on when I pick up? I think flash on ring is impossible without a KSU.

Key2871

You have to wired the light through the line switch in the key and a hook switch.
So when the key is pressed and the handset goes off hook the light with come on, and when the handset is returned the light goes off. If the key isn't pressed the light will not come on even when the handset is lifted.
I've used the green lead from the key, and green and a set of hook switch contacts.
The green wire from the key is common to the T terminals, as in 1T 2T etc.
No light flash is possible with ring, these are 10 volt lamps, you would need a neon lamp to run with ringing current
KEN

As far as flashing on ring, nothing is impossible, its a matter of how much time you desire to put into it.
I have considered this in the past,
one could rectify your 10 VAC power source to 5 VDC and power a ring detector chip such as
TCM1520AP RING DETECTOR IC, then trigger a 555 timer IC and perhaps a mosfet to flash the 10VAC.

You can also build a very simple intercom circuit for line 5 with few parts.
Cheers

Babybearjs

this subject had already been discussed.... there are old threads explaining how this is done....
John

crashman2600

Thanks for the tips and I did search before asking. Maybe I didn't use the right search term.

Key2871

I don't have the address for the previous threw a John.
Do you?
KEN