"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Welcome to SMF! - CRPF Post #1 from Mark Stevens

Started by Simple Machines, September 03, 2008, 07:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simple Machines

Welcome to Simple Machines Forum!

We hope you enjoy using your forum.  If you have any problems, please feel free to ask us for assistance.

Thanks!
Simple Machines

Mark Stevens

Good thing that the software offers help... I'm sure I'll need it!  This is a test message, but do want to thank anyone who's found the courage to explore the new forum.  With a little luck (and some time), this could turn into something!  ;)
I've put this together rather quickly, and am not particularly happy with the look of the forum, but that's something I can do a better job of as time allows.  I'll also be setting up categories and all that good stuff, so don't panic because there's not much here... it's coming!
- Mark

HELLO CENTRAL

Hello.  Thank you.  I've collected phones and associated items, for many years.  Since I'm a retired broadcaster, I think my most unusual phone is a non-gloss stick that was used by a WOR New York engineer Thomas Laird, during a live broadcast fromt Lakehurst , Jersey, about one of the United States Navy dirigibles.  Also, I have two cranks (phones that is!):D one of which is  WWI canadian.  I found it at a garage sale in the mid 1990s.  An operator's headset, and one that was used by a railroad dispatcher.

Best, Hello Central
HELLO CENTRAL.

Mark Stevens

Welcome, HC!  Sounds like you have some good stuff.  If you get the chance, perhaps you can post some photos!   ;D

HELLO CENTRAL

HELLO CENTRAL.

Mark Stevens

Registered users become members of our like-minded community, and can ask questions, respond to messages, and otherwise participate in the festivities. Registration is easy... do it!  ;)

dsk

Quote from: HELLO CENTRAL on September 06, 2008, 11:28:27 PM
Hello.  Thank you.  I've collected phones and associated items, for many years.  Since I'm a retired broadcaster, I think my most unusual phone is a non-gloss stick that was used by a WOR New York engineer Thomas Laird, during a live broadcast fromt Lakehurst , Jersey, about one of the United States Navy dirigibles.  Also, I have two cranks (phones that is!):D one of which is  WWI canadian.  I found it at a garage sale in the mid 1990s.  An operator's headset, and one that was used by a railroad dispatcher.

Best, Hello Central

Maybe you may help me to identify this:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1671.0

Best regards

dsk