News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

534A wiring

Started by shadow67, May 23, 2017, 01:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadow67

I recently acquired this subset. I was trying to make it ring but no luck. I moved the ringer wires to L1 and L2 and the incoming line wires to the same. The photo shows as I received it. How should this be wired to work? Just want it to ring for now. I also got a 533A wall phone but it has no ringer. I have considered taking the ringer out of the 534A and putting it in the 533A. How hard is it to find a ringer for ones of these? Thanks

shadow67

here is the 533A

unbeldi

The ringing bridge must always include the condenser (capacitor), as shown here:

(L1)————red———O^O———black——(C)———||————(L2Y)
line                         ringer                            condenser      line

Here is the 534A diagram from Spec 4810 (1927).   Terminals R (red), GN (green), Y (yellow) are for the mounting cord to the desk stand.

I don't think it is that hard to find a ringer on eBay, I have seen them in part collections occasionally. Or perhaps ask here in the classifieds, someone probably has one in their junk box.

shadow67

thanks I will try this again

shadow67

Thanks to the great help this box rings beautifully. This is actually about as simple a device as I have seen...very few wires and components compared to others I have opened. Thanks again!