News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My new phone tinkering tool.

Started by Greg G., June 26, 2012, 11:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Not really "new", I've had it for a while, just never used it for tinkering on the phones until recently.  Found it at a yard sale for $3.  The lamp part was loose at it's base, wouldn't stay upright.  I gave it a good hard twist at the base and that fixed it.  The magnifier works great.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

TelePlay

I like the idea of a two piece unit instead of a one piece lighted magnifier. This gives one the ability to shine the light at a different angle to get the best view of those tight areas.

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

DavePEI

That is neat, Briny.

I don't think I have ever seen one with the separate magnifying glass. I use a very similar table lamp in the museum workshop to better light items I am working on (helps my poor old eyes), but it doesn't have the magnifier. I also have a jeweller's lamp here with a 5 inch magnifier and a circline fluorescent surrounding it but it is much more awkward to use.

You have an interesting find.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Greg G.

Here's the manufacturer and model info.  I tried googling it but couldn't find one like it, unless I wanted to wade through thousands of Portable Luminaires desk lamps on Walmart.com.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Russ Kirk

Quote from: DavePEI on June 27, 2012, 05:22:52 AM
also have a jeweller's lamp here with a 5 inch magnifier and a circline fluorescent surrounding it but it is much more awkward to use.

I have a similar jeweler's lamp with a 6" magnifier on my workbench. It is quite handy since it has the circular fluorescent tube and does not show shadows.   It fell off my truck during a remodel when I left outside plant engineering.

Russ.......
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

cihensley@aol.com

Brinybay:

Not as good as your deal, but it may work similar.

Chuck