News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Cracked blue 302

Started by ETS1979, March 06, 2010, 11:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Not much more to say than WOW! That is one beautiful telephone!  Great work.  I'm sure you're proud to have that in your collection. 

ETS1979

Here's one showing where the phone has been installed.  It is pure luck that the gossip table I acquired a few years ago closely matches the blue telephone...  Thanks to everyone for all their encouraging words during this project!

ETS1979

I added up the hours in the log that I kept.   Total time investment was 102 hours.  I paid about $780 for the phone on Ebay.

ETS1979

Here's three more.

ETS1979

Here's a couple of close shots of the cracks.  In real world looking at the phone,  the lower ones front and back are almost invisible. The one on the upper front is only slightly visible.

HarrySmith

Beautiful phone! Great work! Congrats on a fine addition to your collection. It looks great on that phone table and I like the dial card too!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

JorgeAmely

ETS:

Outstanding job. Hats off to you, sir!
Jorge

Dan

Wow!! Somerthing about that blue is so darn appealing to me! :)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

cchaven

Wow..that is a stunning phone..and you did a wonderful job on the repairs!  You must have the patience of a saint!  Congratulations!

Jeff

baldopeacock

It's a beauty, ET, and worth all the blood, sweat and frustration.   That blue looks about a foot deep.   Looks great on the gossip bench, too.

Sometime, you should take a "family photo" of the whole set of color 302s together.

Now if you just had that elusive clear 302....
.... and the late-production green and red 302s molded in 500 colors with painted handsets....

never ends, does it?

You'll have to change the title of the thread - now it's the "USED to be cracked blue 302".

Paul Albertson

Very impressive restoration. Thanks for the photos.
Your dial card looks very close to what my parents phone had (but in black).
Would you be willing to share the dial card graphic file?
I really like it and would like to edit one to show my home phone for my 302.

Doug Rose

This is one of the best threads the I have seen on the Forum. It still brings a smile to my face. The work done on this phone is down right amazing!! I am envious that someone can do this. Talk about bringing a phone back from the dead...And what a phone!!...Doug
Kidphone

ETS1979

Thanks for the positive comments!