News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Old crufty things.

Started by sebbel, April 09, 2012, 07:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebbel

I went on a road trip today to drop the little one with my parent for the week. I decide to go pick in a couple place on my way back... I didn't find much more that 35$ worth of cruft parts. It'll be a project for a rainy day.

Just wanted to share.
Seb.

canuckphoneguy

That looks like a pretty good haul for $35! I have a few rainy day phone jobs waiting for me too :)

sebbel

Quote from: canuckphoneguy on April 09, 2012, 08:39:07 PM
That looks like a pretty good haul for $35! I have a few rainy day phone jobs waiting for me too :)

I figured worst  case I paid 35$ for a plastic 302 with a N515H Magneto box.  As it turn out I thing I can salvage most of it butI doubt that F2 will ever look like much.
Seb.

HarrySmith

Not a bad haul for $35.00. Those handsets should clean up nicely, bakelite is pretty durable. Is that handset connected to the ringer box?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

sebbel

I dont have a rotary tool so I think those hand set might have to wait. Ièm not too worried about that though. There is plenty of fun to be had with the rest anyway. Yes the hand sent is connected to the ringer box. But it has a removable plug so it can be swapped with the Headset next to it.

I'm happy I got them now too. The are just before the point of no return. The thin line after which patina becomes abuse.

Seb.

LarryInMichigan

Perhaps I should take a little trip south of the border.

Larry

sebbel

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on April 09, 2012, 10:00:51 PM
Perhaps I should take a little trip south of the border.

Larry

Either you live in Detroit or you think I live in Mexico. :)
Seb.

LarryInMichigan

Ontario is mostly south of here.

sebbel

I have been wowed again! I plugged the thing in and sure enough a dial tone Even with the cable hanging on a few threads and after I put the cable in the shower to clean it.

I'm really starting to wonder what this phone was for. It's obviously a modified N515H but to what purpose? You can't even hang up the thing. It also came with a F2 handset and an older audiosears headset. Both have a "switchboard" that fit in the addition to the N515H. I got it in Great VIllage(Pop. 500 ) a very small place about half way between DavePEI and I.  Could that have been part of a small town exchange of some sort?
Seb.