News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Some phones I saw in Savannah, Ga

Started by LM Ericsson, April 10, 2012, 04:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM Ericsson

For spring break, I'm staying in Savannah, Ga. I went to some antique stores but no luck yet. I'm not going to leave Savannah without a phone but did see some great ones though, none that could afford!!!
Regards,
-Grayson

HarrySmith

Antique stores tend to price things pretty high but they are usually open to haggling! Impress them with your telephone knowledge then lowball them! Also check out flea markets.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

LarryInMichigan

I don't know what the first phone is, but the second is a North Galion with a North dial.  If there is no bakelite damage, I might pay $30 for it, but I am cheap (I paid about $10 for my Galion on ebay).

Larry

LM Ericsson

That phone was for sale not at an antique store but a ladies clothes store. My mom showed it to me. She asked the ladies at the cash register if it was for sale. One of the ladies took a look at the phone for a price tag and spotted it. I saw it too. It read "$236.00" Such a outrageous price!!!
Regards,
-Grayson

LarryInMichigan

Everyone knows that ladies' clothes are overpriced  :D

Larry

rdelius

The first telephone was assembled from parts. F1handset,Bell telephone mfg in Belgium cradle, modified newer AE dial.Box might be SC.

LM Ericsson

Regards,
-Grayson