News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Never joke around with a telephone collector!

Started by Greg G., April 12, 2012, 01:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Of course, if it were up to me, all my phones would be on display.  But due to limited space and the fact that I now have to consult with a significant other named Anita, I can't do that.  There are 4 in the living room, mostly decor pieces, except for the working 202 I gave her for Christmas.  I wanted to bring out more working sets, and she said I could put two in the bedroom provided that they were a green color that matched or at least came close to the green sheets (typical woman), and that the ringers were disabled.  So I did, then she was shocked that I did because she said she was joking, she didn't think for a minute I would have two identical phones to match the sheet color.  Plus the fact that there was only one jack in the bedroom, so she thought it would not be technically possible (hey, that's what two-way splitters are for!)

Too late, here they are, and here they stay, His and Hers green 500s with matching green line cords!  Yes, the ringers are disabled, much to my chagrin, but I can live with that (for now).  Joke is really on her, wait until she changes the linen to the white set of sheets!  (Yes, I have at least two of those also!)  Hey, maybe I'll go buy more sheet sets of different colors to match my phones, BWAHAHAHA!!

On the left, His, a 66 WE 500, on the right, Hers, a 71 SC 500.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

Are they wired so that you can call each other ;D?

Greg G.

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on April 12, 2012, 01:08:51 PM
Are they wired so that you can call each other ;D?

Not yet, but that's on the agenda!  She wants an intercom system and I have a Panasonic 308.  Of course, her idea was just an external (front door) to internal intercom, but I have other ideas!  That puts me in the market for one of those old metal call boxes.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

I can just picture you calling her in the kitchen from the dining room asking her to bring another roll or something :)

Larry

Owain

why don't you buy more phones to match the different sheets you already, instead of buying more sheets to match the phones?

After all, more sheets would just mean more ironing for Mrs Brinybay so it would be a kindness to get the extra phones instead.

Greg G.

Quote from: Owain on April 12, 2012, 04:42:31 PM
why don't you buy more phones to match the different sheets you already, instead of buying more sheets to match the phones?

After all, more sheets would just mean more ironing for Mrs Brinybay so it would be a kindness to get the extra phones instead.

Because most of my collection is boxed up for lack of room, so I need a reason to unpack them.  Besides, she only has two colors of sheets, green and white.  I need yellow, blue, aqua, red, beige, and black. 
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

I see more sheet sets under the Christmas Tree....

Terry