News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE Ringtone

Started by mmd, July 05, 2010, 07:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmd

I designed a WE 500 ringtone.  I might make one from my 302..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bmyWAIQ8kU

If I put these up for sale (as time and effort went into making them so high quality and zero noise level), would anyone be interested in purchasing it?
Brandon
Western Electric 302, 500

Phonesrfun

Great job.  I hope you get some takers.  As for me, I don't know if my cell phone has the capability of downloading ringtones.  It's kind of ancient, and I have internet turned off.

-Bill G

mmd

Does it have a USB port?  Perhaps it can download from your computer.

The ringtones are in MP3 format.
Brandon

Dennis Markham

That sounds great!  I have heard many of those ringers people have that is supposed to sound like an old phone.  But they're pretty sad.  This is very nice.  I wouldn't mind putting that into my cell phone if I can.  It's pretty ancient too.  I plan to upgrade soon.

Kenny C

my upgrade is in march  >:( :(
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Phonesrfun

Quote from: mmd on July 05, 2010, 10:58:16 PM
Does it have a USB port?  Perhaps it can download from your computer.

The ringtones are in MP3 format.

Nope.  It's a freebie from Sprint that I got several years ago.  Samsung SPH-M300.  I can't even get a battery for it from Sprint.  Had to go to Batteries Plus for a replacement.  There is some kind of a proprietary port on the side that the charger plusg into, but I seriously doubt if it is USB, and for sure, getting something to plug into it would be impossible.  I only use my cell phone out of necessity so I don't pay for the extras.  I think I am in the same class as a lot of other older farts around here.
-Bill G

mmd

Well if anyone wants it, suggest a price I should sell it for, and I'll even through in CUSTOM ring styles for this forum upon request.

PS, you can format your custom ring in morse code.. Dots and dashes, dots being the short ring like the text message, and dashes being long rings like a regular ring.  (For example, my text ring is ". .")
Brandon

Dan/Panther

I have an idea.
Open a website for the ring tone to be for sale, and free to forum members...
Sounds great to me. :o :o
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

mmd

I don't have the finances to host a domain or a web server.

I figured I'd ask here first before actually going towards a sale, because it could be good word of mouth if you guys like it and the quality of the ringtone.  I could release a sample mp3.
Brandon

HarrySmith

Personally I do not buy ringtones, I make my own. It is quite good though :)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

JorgeAmely

Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) is a very good program to make ring tones.
Jorge

HarrySmith

Thats what I use :)
I think it is the easiest and fastest way to do it!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AdamAnt316

Someone once made MP3 ringtones using WAV files from my website. Unfortunately, the website where they were no longer exists, and the archived version doesn't include the files themselves. However, the original WAV files can still be found here (have yet to add sounds for most of my phones, but there's still a good mixture of styles).
-Adam

mmd

That's what I used to piece the "text" one together.  The two long rings, the normal one from the vid, is the original recording..
Brandon

mmd

Here's a sample.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lezm24ek3tm/we500text.mp3

That's the text one..  I'm not going to post the long one because it's the original and that one I do want to sell because of it's high quality.
Brandon