News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A couple of clocks

Started by NorthernElectric, June 13, 2015, 02:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernElectric

I was out yard saling again this morning and score a couple of clocks.

First was an 18" electric Coca-Cola wall clock.  I didn't see any maker's marks on the movement.  The asking price was $15; I offered $10 and they said OK.  This stuff is pretty collectable but I guess it orginally had a plastic bubble over it which is missing so I guess that's why it was fairly cheap.

2nd was another Westclox Baby Ben.  I bought an almost identical clock at another yard sale earlier this spring.  The only visible difference between this one and the other is that this one is Canadian made in Peterborough, Ontario.  It was really dirty and the minute hand was laying in the bottom of the crystal but I wound it up and could hear it ticking so I bought it for 15 cents.  It's already cleaned up, the hands back on and synchronized with the alarm, and working like a charm.

Cliff

rdelius

That Coca Cola clock is from about 1950 or so and did not have a plastic bubble.There was a maroon version also.Harder to find with intact hands because they were exposed.good deal

NorthernElectric

Thanks for the info rdelius.  I like it even better now.   :)  I guess they put those flimsy cut-out hands on there so they didn't cover up too much of the brand name as they turned.   ::)
Cliff