News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

GTE Automatic Electric, Model 80

Started by GTElover, October 20, 2010, 02:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTElover

Hi can anybody please help me I have restored the workings of my GTE Model 80.  When I stripped it down I made notes were everyting goes.  My problem is that I have lost these notes and don't know where all the wires go.
Can anybody supply a detailed photo of the inside of a GTE 80.  Also were these telephones manufactured in diffrent colours like the W.E 500 series telephones.

Many thanx

Dennis Markham

GTElover, Welcome to the Forum.

Here is a photo of Jorge's AE80's.  It was taken from this post, page 8:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=828.105

He's got some beauties!

JorgeAmely

Dennis, GTELover:

Here is the latest photo including the Dawn Gray that I added last to the collection. The phones are in order of the color code number.

I have this album that shows the internal wiring of an AE80, however, this model has the potted network.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Amelyenator/AE801959Red#

Jorge

bingster

Which one of those is not like the others? ;)
= DARRIN =

AE_Collector

HEY...another fan of AE phones! Now there are two of us (just kidding, I know there are more than that out there)....

Terry

Russ Kirk

I come from a Western Electric neighborhood,  so I don't run across AE sets very often,  but I do like them very much.  I also have 4 in my collection.

Nice display and glad to the see the red set got completely dressed for the second photo shoot.

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Phonesrfun

Back to the original question, did GTElover get his or her question answered by the link to the diagram?

-Bill G

AE_Collector

Very interesting how when Dennis posts pictures of Jorge's AE80's they all change colors as compared to when Jorge posts them. For example, the Garnet Red 80 in the top right of the picture that Dennis posted turns into a Jade Green 80 when Jorge posts its picture. Did anyone else notice that!  ;D

Does anyone know what color AE90 I should post a picture of to have it turn into a dark blue one?  ???

Terry

LarryInMichigan

Terry,

Didn't you know that AE80s are able to change color?  That ability put AE far ahead of WE and the others.  I cannot find the diagram which shows the color-changing circuit, but Jorge must have a copy ;D

Larry

HarrySmith

Yes and the Red dial sticker moved from the Red phone to the Green phone ???
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

KeithB

Quote from: bingster on October 20, 2010, 09:54:47 PM
Which one of those is not like the others? ;)
That would be the pseudo-Mediterranean Blue, facing left.  :D

HarrySmith

I also see the Black one sprouted a straight handset cord and the Red one grew a case ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

LarryInMichigan

Maybe his wife told him to leave the phones alone ;D

AE_Collector

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on October 21, 2010, 10:34:02 AM
Maybe his wife told him to leave the phones alone ;D

Doesn't matter...if she did he wouldn't have heard her anyway.....

Terry