News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

685A Ringer on a 233G

Started by txmanager, January 13, 2011, 10:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txmanager

Howdy!  I'm new to the forum but have gathered so much info here, I feel like I've been here for ages.  I appreciate all the knowledge floating around. 
I'm currently getting my 233G going on my 685A.  All of this is mounted in it's original wooden 1950's phone booth that my Uncle took out of the Hilton in Plainview, TX when he worked at Bell.  I recently restored the booth and now faced with the task of getting the phone going.  I have followed the directions found on this site:

C) have a network connected:
(c1) from subset point B to terminal strip point T
(c2) from subset point R to terminal strip point TR
(c3) from subset point C to terminal strip point L
(c4) from subset point RR to switch stack point R
(c5) from subset point GN to switch stack point W

D) have a line cord connected:
(d1) on the three-position terminal strip, TIP to point L
(d2) on the switch stack, RING to point Y

Thanks to this, I have dial tone, can receive calls and make calls.  The problem is, the ringer in the 685A is not working.  Mind you, I have a 233G and according to these directions, the inside wiring doesn't go into the 685A.  Do I need to run separate wires to the 685A to put the inside wiring in it?  Like I said, by following these directions, the phone works.  I have seen the diagram and see where the inside wiring is to go into the 685A, I just want to make sure I'm supposed to run another line before I do it.  Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

txmanager

Cancel that...I got it going.  Went with my gut and tried it.  All works well.  I'll have to post some pics.

bingster

Welcome to the forum!  I'm glad you got the phone up and running, and please do post a few pics.  I'd love to see the setup.
= DARRIN =