News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 464 value question

Started by Babybearjs, August 28, 2014, 11:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I was bidding on a WE 464 with a top bid of$100.00, darn thing got away from me at 102.00. anyway, the seller "Stevessurplus" had another 4 of these and he priced them all at $100.00, buy now.  enclosed is a picture of one of them and the question I pose, do you think his asking price is fair based on condition.    I was able to get another one from another seller at $41.00.... same phone, different condition....
John

poplar1

The pushbuttons on the side detract from the value if they are screwed into the housing. I believe this is Northern Electric and not Western Electric, based on the color of the mounting cord, the white model/date stamp, and the late date (1957). It probably has a 6A dial. And since the final letter is C, it can be used only for 1A Key.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Babybearjs

I've run into this before... this is how they mounted the 551 keys back then.... I guess they didn't have any mounts for them back then... or were just lazy. I have a 444 they has a screw hole in the side of it from a 551 that came with it... it really devalues the phone.... would you bid on this phone??
John