News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

gold 302

Started by Babybearjs, January 19, 2012, 02:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

there is a "gold" 302 phone on ebay, it originally was a Pekin Red phone and was painted over. If one were to win this.... would it be worth the time to strip the paint off of the shell and attempt to restore it... enclosed are some pictures of this item....  how hard would it be to find the red handset for this phone???   John
John

jsowers

You would also need a clear fingerwheel and a spider that attaches it to the dial, and red cloth handset and mounting cords and clear switchhook plungers. Quite a lot of stuff, and none of it easy to find or cheap to buy. If you had a Pekin Red with a badly damaged housing, this might be just what you need, if you can get the paint off. Getting paint off plastic isn't always easy and depends on what kind of paint it is.
Jonathan

Doug Rose

a link would be greatly appreciated
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/260936276633

I saw this several days ago, there were no pictures at that point, I asked for more pictures including the insides of phone & handset which were added. I see Mr Helpful also chimed in about what it is not!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

thanks Harry...but what it is! I would love to try to take the paint off it. A 6D dial would not be unusual at all on a color 302. Ms. Helpful was having an angry day. It is what it is and I certainly would like to play with it!....Doug
Kidphone

rtp129495

wish i could get a transparent 302 case!!  :'(, I'd have to get a 302 first thou! but i love transparent phones!

HarrySmith

Yeah, I considered it, would probably clean up nice but them I would still need a red handset, I know that would be easy to find & cheap ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

paul-f

You could always set it up as a two-tone 302.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

twocvbloke

Quote from: paul-f on January 19, 2012, 08:43:14 PM
You could always set it up as a two-tone 302.

Yep, Black & Red works for Dennis the Menace and Minnie the Minx (UK comic book characters)...  :D

Dan/Panther

Thanks for blowing a secret find. ;D
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

$165!!!  WOW!! That is a leap of faith....Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson