News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

That's Just Downright Annoying--More Reasons For Direct Uploads!

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, July 04, 2017, 12:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy1702

The question is though... why can't the forum software resize and adjust the images automatically? Wordpress can manage it. Also why doesn't this image security problem pop up on other forums using the same software? It sounds to me like it's an error in the setup here somewhere. Probably a tiny tick box that's been inadvertantly ticked or not ticked as part of a big long list.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

19and41

Quote from: jsowers on July 08, 2017, 01:08:12 PM
I think you meant to say "right click" above. Those are great instructions most anyone could follow and as simple as it gets. In Windows 7 I just click "Resize" in the Home ribbon menu when the image opens and don't have to go to the File menu. I suspect it's the same for Windows 10. I copy images I want to upload to the desktop and then modify them, so my original never gets messed up. Then after they're uploaded, I drag the images to a folder of things I've posted so I have them for future reference.

Those of us who come from the older days of the internet, when server space was always at a premium and dialup was more common, remember having to make do with smaller images. It was part of being a good netizen. These days, jpgs can be 5 megs each and that does add up. So I don't mind re-saving my pics in a smaller size to please the Forum software. I know another forum and I bet 19and41 does too, where all the images have to be 640x480 or something quite small before they will upload. So it's not just this Forum.

Thanks!  I fixed it.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

AE_Collector

I am not an Apple person but Indo use an iPad. I don't know if my iPad taken pictures produce as much meta data as an iPhone or other types of phones. I rarely have the security problem but when I do, I have found that just popping into edit and doing anything (I usually hit the "enhance" button), resave the picture with the same file name and it then uploads without a problem.

Terry