News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Grandstream 702 ATA Modem

Started by Babybearjs, October 31, 2018, 12:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I'm not sure who can help me but being part of C*Net can be fun, if people call you.... anyway, I was given a grandstream 702 to use on the system and it works, but won't dial out when trying to call my second number on C*NET. the computer in the CO doesn't know what to do and the call stalls. I originally was connected through Phil McCarter's system, but don't know if his has been updated to accept the new modem... anyway, C*Net Numbers 821-9961 and 9962 are mine, but don't seem to be working. I can switch back to the old modem to see if that's where the problem lies..
John

pdxjim911

Those numbers are served by Shane Young's server.

I will email you his contact info.

Jim
Jim Churchill
Hillsboro, Oregon

C*NET 1-821-9771

Butch Harlow

I also have the same ATA. My number is 821-9833. Also on Shane's server. I always have to dial 1. So, to get my phone dial 1821-9833. Even when I call in from my VOiP number. 952 652 0000 then 1821 9833. It wont work without the 1 for some reason.
Butch Harlow

Babybearjs

OK, I'll try that. does anyone know if Phil McCarter is still around? I'm supposed to be going through his exchange, have I been redirected?
John

Babybearjs

I'm not sure if anyone can help here... I did a hard reset on my HT702 and I can get into the Bios GUI. but, it will only let me in the basic page. when entering the default password, the system kicks it out. I can type in "123" but when trying to access the administrators pages, it's locked. does anyone know if Shane did this on purpose?, or do I have a unit with a bad bios chip?
John

dc4code

The default password on the HT702 should be 'admin'

Babybearjs

that didn't work... the ATA kicked out that password... even with a hard reset...
John

Babybearjs

:D was finally able to do a hard reset on the unit and it cleared out all the settings. went to ckts.info to find the configuration info and there is no link or info on what the settings are suppose to be. I wrote Shane, but no reply as of yet... does anyone know what the configuration settings are suppose to be on the Grandstream HT-702? right now, the unit is working but not registered.
John

andy1702

When you say it's working but not registered, do you mean it's showing as not registered on the admin screen that comes up when you type the ATA's IP address into your browser?

I had this problem at one time and found I needed to set up an account on a STUN server (I used Google's) because my IP address kept changing and the ATA didn't know my router's external IP address because the ATA is on the internal side. Once I set up the STUN server everything worked.

==========

GM EDIT:  Nothing like talking in acronym to make ones eyes glaze over . . .

STUN = Session Traversal Utilities for NAT
          NAT = Network Address Translators
          ATA = Analog Telephone Adapter
          IP = Internet Protocol (address)

The above new acronyms have been added to th
e CRPF Proprietary Acronym List

==========

It sounds like you may have a locked ATA. You should be able to get to a long admin screen for each number with lots of settings on it. Some ATAs that were originally provided by certain VOiP services are locked though, so you can't change the settings. This shouldn't be the case if the same box has worked before though.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

Babybearjs

well, if it is locked, then send me the info to unlock it... right now I have just a regular dial tone and any number dialed just get a busy signal. I need the gateway info and the website info... to direct the modem to the right source!
John

HarrySmith

==========

GM EDIT:  Nothing like talking in acronym to make ones eyes glaze over . . .

STUN = Session Traversal Utilities for NAT
          NAT = Network Address Translators
          ATA = Analog Telephone Adapter
          IP = Internet Protocol (address)

The above new acronyms have been added to th
e CRPF Proprietary Acronym List

==========

Sounds like the same old C.R.A.P.* to me :)

*Also in the acronyms list = Communications Related Apparatus & Parts
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

pdxjim911

John,

You need to be patient and wait for Shane.  He programmed that ATA and will likely have to do so again.  There are NO user settings that you should ever mess with.

Jim
Jim Churchill
Hillsboro, Oregon

C*NET 1-821-9771

Babybearjs

John

dc4code

Quote from: Babybearjs on January 23, 2019, 05:34:49 AM
:D was finally able to do a hard reset on the unit and it cleared out all the settings. went to ckts.info to find the configuration info and there is no link or info on what the settings are suppose to be. I wrote Shane, but no reply as of yet... does anyone know what the configuration settings are suppose to be on the Grandstream HT-702? right now, the unit is working but not registered.

EMail me at Admin@dc4.us

I will get you all setup!

Babybearjs

Got a email from Shane finally, he's sending out another unit. At this point I'll do this one more time and then I'm done with C*Net.
John