News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Base edge rubber trim on Ericofon brittle and crumbling!

Started by Cliff R, December 13, 2018, 02:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliff R

Hi everyone.

New to the forum.

I was cleaning some of the contents of my display cabinet the other day, in particular my Grey Ericofon.

I hadn't noticed, but to my dismay I found the rubber edging on the base has become brittle over the years and parts of it have crumbled off.

How would you go about tackling restoration?

I'd imagine spares would either be rare or expensive.

Cheers.

Cliff

TelePlay

Quote from: Cliff R on December 13, 2018, 02:56:31 AM
I was cleaning some of the contents of my display cabinet the other day, in particular my Grey Ericofon. I hadn't noticed, but to my dismay I found the rubber edging on the base has become brittle over the years and parts of it have crumbled off. How would you go about tackling restoration? I'd imagine spares would either be rare or expensive.

Regular Member Post

Richard Rose at ericofon.com sells reproductions

http://ericofon.com/catalog/parts/allgaskets.htm

Prices are reasonable at $9 for 1 and $14 for 2. Given the thickness of the gasket, the postage has to be for a small first class package which is around $3 including the shipping materials.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: TelePlay on December 13, 2018, 05:27:10 AM
     Regular Member Post

Richard Rose at ericofon.com sells reproductions

http://ericofon.com/catalog/parts/allgaskets.htm

Prices are reasonable at $9 for 1 and $14 for 2. Given the thickness of the gasket, the postage has to be for a small first class package which is around $3 including the shipping materials.

Richard Rose is a recognized  authority on Ericofon's . He is a long time telephone  collector and is a good guy and easy to deal with.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Cliff R