"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What are your Favorite Cars???

Started by Bill Cahill, April 17, 2009, 05:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

Maybe if your chick is 80. :P

I'd go for the Fleetwood.  Top of the line all the way.
= DARRIN =

bingster

Going back to pickups, here's one I'd like to have.  It's not original, but it sure is a beautiful job.  It's a 1937 Packard, and Packard probably could have made a tidy sum if they had actually made something like this:
= DARRIN =

Netdewt

Quote from: McHeath on March 11, 2010, 12:55:53 AM
That Cad is cool.

I know this will seem uber weird, but my 79' VW diesel Rabbit was one of my favorite cars of all time.  It got nearly 60 mpg, had a 18 gallon tank, and was really pretty quick and fun to drive.  I rebuilt the engine on it, did all the work myself, and learned it inside and out, finding it to be a very logically made and solid little car.  I also liked the rather pedestrian looks of it, it was what it was and had no pretense about it, just simple cheap transportation that was reliable day in and out.  With that large hatchback and folding rear seat you could fit a surprising amount of stuff in it.

Now if only it had AC... :P

Weird? I was thinking about buying one of those. They are awesome!

AET

I love them all, I don't know what to choose haha.
- Tom

foots

Hands down, the '60 Impala. Never before or after has Chevrolet made such a beautifully styled car.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Greg G.

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on March 14, 2010, 04:45:13 PM
Well, my dad's talking about buying me a car, but I don't know which to pick. 

He gave me three Choices

A 1966 Chevy Caprice Wagon, tan with woodie trim, 396 and a TH400 trans, just as his first car was.

A white and black 60 Impala, just like grandpa had.

Or a 59 Caddy, of course a fleetwood, go big or go home.

Do you think your dad would adopt me and buy me one too?   ;)  Go with the Impala.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Craig T

I like em all too Tom, Impala would be great, but the Caddy is my choice if I gotta pick just one. They steer straight as an arrow, but seem to swerve when you pass a gas station  :)

There was one for sale here 3-4 years ago, big car and big engine, I thought it was real nice though, especially the interior.

AET

I really can't make up my mind.  I'm leaning toward the 66 Caprice wagon, because of the love of my wagons.
- Tom

Greg G.

Lookit this doozy!  A 37 Ford Motorhome:

http://www.gtamarketing.com/1937FordHousecar.html

QuoteIntroducing Graeme's Once-In-a-Lifetime Discovery...

A 1937 Ford Housecar

One of only six said to have been made per year in the mid-'30s at the Ford Plant in St. Paul, Minnesota, according to an article on this car in a 1993 "Old Cars" magazine article.

Very few others--perhaps none--remain on the road, and certainly not in such amazing original condition. (The only other known example that I heard of was supposedly housed in the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan.  But that turned out to be an early 1920s Model T conversion, the curator told me. He said he'd never seen anything like this '37!)

When discovered in a garage (under a heavy cover) in Northern Minnesota in August 2001, she had only 19,000 miles, and the owner's manual was actually still the glove box in like-new condition!  She had always been garaged and treated with much TLC as a collector vehicle.

The interior, all wood lined, was still the way it appeared in the '30s and '40s, complete with framed photos of the original owner on his travels (mainly to Florida) and his cabin in the North Woods, plus and other memorabilia from the era.

Built on the '37 Ford Pickup frame and cowling (powered by a 60-hp flathead V8 with aluminum heads), the rear framing is all wood, with the metal skin wrapped around it. The roof structure, too, is all wood, over which the heavy, waterproofed canvas top is still very securely fitted. The structure of the body is solid, appearing from underneath to be all oak, and still in a remarkably unaltered, undamaged condition. The door frames are thick, solid oak, and oak is visible around the window openings (as on the four side windows in back) -- though it is painted over.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Netdewt

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on March 16, 2010, 02:00:38 AM
I really can't make up my mind.  I'm leaning toward the 66 Caprice wagon, because of the love of my wagons.

I love wagons too (and hatchbacks). I also love VWs. Ever seen a squareback? One of my all time favorites.

Kenny C

Get the Cadillac but I know they take alot of gas but WOW look at those 42 inch fins with the bullet tail lights get the cadillac
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

AET

Gas mileage is never really my concern.  My Crown Vic is good for an average of about 20 mpg and that's more than I'm used to.
- Tom

McHeath

Those are some sweet type 3's.  There is a VW show coming up at our local fairgrounds in April that I'm looking forward to.  Did you know that you could still buy the Mark 1 Rabbit in South Africa until last year?  Continuous production from 1974 until 2009.  The Type 2 from 1968 is still in production in Brazil, below is a picture of a 2010 model.  I had a camper Type 2, it was a 77' model with the pop top and full kitchen, a very fun ride, mine even had AC.

Yeah Tom I'm kind of a milage nutter, my 95' Civic gets 38 on the freeway and about 31 in town, and it's got the hot rod Si engine and is like driving a go kart.  It's funny how you can find cars from 30 years ago that got better mileage than the super hi tech hybrids of today.

Netdewt

Ahhh, Type 3. I will have one someday.

Yes I read that about the Mark 1. I was sad they stopped!

Dan

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on March 16, 2010, 02:00:38 AM
I really can't make up my mind.  I'm leaning toward the 66 Caprice wagon, because of the love of my wagons.

I love wagons too. We had a 1978 Pontaic Grand Safari growing up. Grandpa had an ivy green  1966 Caprice wagon. My neighbor had an AMC Ambassador Wagon.

My son's ultimate car is not a vette or a camaro, but rather a 1959 Impala Wagon! the fins on that baby are incredible. Too bad everyone else want's a '59
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright