and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

3 slot Coin Box w/ top- 2 Questions

Started by WesternElectricBen, December 15, 2013, 02:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Hi,

I have seemed to forget, and I have two questions,

1: How do I remove the top off the coin box, then how do I replace it?
2. How do I replace the coin box back in the phone, I remember having to pull something back to reset it, but I am unsure.

Thank you!
Ben

WesternElectricBen

Foolish me, I figured out how to

1: remove the top by pulling up on the tab
2. Then turning the screw back
3. Then putting the top back on.

Sorry about that!
Ben

Russ Kirk

When I bought my chrome AE payphone the guy that sold it to took the coin box out and quickly replaced it without any problems.

I now have it mounted to the wall and cannot get the con box, with the lid, back into the payphone.  I'm sure it is simple, but I am stumped.   Thanks in advance!

Russ
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Stan S

Russ
1-Pull out the box from the phone.
2-Take off the lid.
3-Push and turn the reset screw on the inside of the cover clockwise.
4-Put the cover back on the can.
Slide the can into the phone.

Stan S.

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Stan S

Russ
A word of advice.
NEVER MOUNT A PAYPHONE USING THE MOUNTING HOLES IN THE VAULT COMPARTMENT!
ONLY use the holes in the upper part of the back casting.

Worst case, if you loose the vault key (keys) you will have no way of getting to the mounting screws to take the phone off the wall. ALSO, not a good idea to use the locking top on the coin can.

Even if can get the payphone off the wall and you take the back off the phone, if there's a coin can with a locking top in the vault you won't be able to pull the can out from the back of the phone. If you can't pull out the can you won't be able to get to the lock screws to change the vault lock. You will have to cut the coin can apart with a carbide cutting wheel and pull it out in pieces. Believe me, that's no fun. If you only use the lower part of the can it will slide out the back of the phone.

When I was in business I had a few single slot payphones mounted in my office. The vault key to one of them disappeared. Unfortunately, I used a few of the holes in the vault compartment when I mounted the phone.
When I vacated the office I removed the payphone from the wall with a Sawzall. Didn't hurt the payphone at all but did nothing good for the wall.

Stan S.