"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mahogany phone

Started by John S, April 17, 2009, 12:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

Hello,

Check out my new Mahogany 2 line soft plastic phone I found at an estate sale.  Its a rare Mahogany 2 line phone. 1956 is found all over this phone.   I talked to Dennis, and he gave me some good hints on how to clean it up.  I think with some TLC the phone would look like NEW.  I am still up in the air, if I will keep it in my collection. 

Also check out my new wall phone.  It was a b-day gift from a friend.  The bells ring, its in great shape.  I can't wait to display it. 

Dan

Welcome, John. This is the stuff that drives all of us phone geeks. I go to auctions, yard sales, etc, hoping to find what you did here! I really do not know enough about your woodie wall phone, but i love the look. The brown mahagony is a real keeper, enjoy it!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan/Panther

Welcome John, how long have you been collecting phones. I see you like to start right up there at the top, with that nice mahogany phone. If you decide not to keep it in your collection, I have a spot in mine. I will of course pay the shipping.  ;D
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

contraste

Lucky you!
The brown 500 was a great find and looks to be a great restoration project.

mienaichizu

great find john! those phones are really nice :D enjoy it

AET

Love the mahogany phone!  Everything looks bone stock on that bad-boy!  Great find!
- Tom