News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Olivetti Lettera 22 typewriter...

Started by twocvbloke, April 20, 2013, 03:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Now, I will say, I'm not into typewriters myself and don't know much about them, but this was one of those "have to buy it" things!! :D

It's an Olivetti Lettera 22, it's got keys, and it's got a roller thing for the paper, and it goes clickety clack when typing and then "ding" when it hits the end of the page... :D

(I did say I don't know much about them!!!)

It's a nice little thing though, came with two brand new ribbons (all-black though, not two-colour) and only cost a total of £9.99, and it seems to work, though it has an issue with repeating ghosted letters in the spaces between characters, after repeated typing out "All work and no play makes jack a dull boy" (with authentic spelling errors just like in the movie!!), I have no idea what causes that, but I'm sure someone knows why... :D

The other issue is that spacers between the plastic shell and the typewriter frame have disintegrated, so the case is loose (they disintegrated as I was trying it out, and I noticed bits of plastic falling out), so I'll have to try and replace those with some washers I guess.. ???

Anyway, some pictures to enjoy:

AE_Collector

We had something similar to that at our tool crib that would be sent out to the field to set up a temporary office when we moved into a CO to start a line addition or conversion job.

Terry