News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Beautiful North Galion

Started by Doug Rose, November 15, 2010, 09:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitar1580

I know I'm late coming in on this thread, but that really is a beautiful North.  Did you ever get it to ring?  Mine is the same model, and does ring on our system.  I dont know if you saw my thread about ringers, but these Norths have a different and beautiful ring.  I wouldn't put a W/E ringer in it.  Seems that one of the repair guys here could test the coils etc. on your ringer.  It doesn't seem like there's that much to go wrong on a ringer that couldn't be fixed could there?  Coil problem, connection problem, mechanical jam?

That's a great phone, and the ring is a big part of it.  I'm in the process of getting a new and proper handset for mine, and may put it into use for a while.  If I can be of help with getting you pics of my connections, or testing the ringer, connections, etc, let me know.  I hope you get it ringing.

Here is my thread about the ringer tones:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4041.0

Josh P

Doug Rose

Josh...it was a frequency ringer and they only barely rang on a standard line. I no longer own the phone, but this was an amazing phone in outstanding condition. I wanted to leave it exactly as it was found. Welcome to the Forum....Doug
Kidphone