News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Soft Pink WE 500

Started by Craig T, February 08, 2011, 09:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig T

I bought this phone a while ago, but I was upgrading a couple parts before I showed it off. It is a beautiful soft pink WE 500 dated 8 22 58 3. It also has the 6 hole G3 handset. It came with a #9 dial and I have been waiting to find a #7.

After I blew a golden opportunity that was pointed out to me, I waited months. There were a lot of helping hands in getting this dial, but Jorge ultimately had the dial. He sanded the bezel and sealed a crack that was on it, I have never seen such a fine repair job. When I run my finger over it, you can't feel a thing. It looks like he said it would, just a piece of hair on the bezel. It is fine, fine work.

A lot of hands went in on this one too; Chuck did the exterior, Jorge did the dial and bezel, Dennis provided the new line cord and I detailed the interior. Thank you everyone!

Craig T

Step inside everyone!

Here were how reinforcements arrived from Jorge, I reached for the nearest pair of shades and tore in  8)

HarrySmith

Wow! Nice one Craig. Even the packing material is Pink ;)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Craig T

You could have shipped a Rolex in that box, I saved that for a future ship.

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

That phone looks very nice, Craig.  It sounds like you are pleased and proud as punch---or pink lemonade.

Nice job on that dial and bezel Jorge!

JorgeAmely

Nice job Craig. Even the plug is pink. The dial had been sitting in my garage for the last three years. Glad it went to make a pink 500 functional again. With proper care, it will last another 50-70 years.
Jorge

jsowers

The housing on this phone was made when I was two days old (born 8 20 58 3-or at 2am, if that counts for the graveyard shift). Your phone looks great! Did Dennis the foot restorer replace or recover the feet? They look so nice and grime-free. I like the pink number card too. Very well coordinated.
Jonathan

bwanna

EXCELLENT! what a beautiful set & i love the group effort that put it all together.

btw, that's my birthday phone, you know. a week before i was born. so just save that pink packing until august & send it my way! ;D
donna

Craig T

Quote from: jsowers on February 09, 2011, 03:50:25 PM
The housing on this phone was made when I was two days old (born 8 20 58 3-or at 2am, if that counts for the graveyard shift). Your phone looks great! Did Dennis the foot restorer replace or recover the feet? They look so nice and grime-free. I like the pink number card too. Very well coordinated.

Thank you for the kind words everyone!

The feet would have been done by Chuck too, they look original to me. I like the same colored bell dial cards too.

Donna and Jonathan, no one wants a pink phone for their birthday anyhow   ;D

Thank you again for your help everyone!

Vern P

Yes that is a great job done on this. I have a 532 (hard of hearing) in Pink, that the dial bezel is not good on. I have been going just change it out, but maybe it can be saved.  This is a all date match soft set to.

"No one want a Pink birthday phone" ??  I would like one, but I am a 1955 model, and Pink didn't come out until 1958.  I collect my "odd stuff" in Pink.

I am listing a Pink 500 in the for sale.

Vern P

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

Quote from: Vern P on February 11, 2011, 09:54:32 PM

I would like one, but I am a 1955 model, and Pink didn't come out until 1958. 

Vern,  Rose Pink was released in 1957.  I have one from 8/1957.

Vern P

My goof, I was thinking the new light colors came out in 1958. Any way your 8-57 is only 2 years and 3 months late to be my BD phone.

Vern