News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Newer model TeleTrainer

Started by Sargeguy, August 29, 2016, 11:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

Rescued this from heading to the dumpster at one of our classrooms.  The teacher who ran the classroom had retired and they were cleaning out the room.  I knew she had an old teletrainer, so I asked about it.  No one knew what I was talking about but I spied the case in the bottom of the trash barrel and triumphantly fished it out.  It's a little beat up but it powers up and seems to function
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

The case is a little beat up but intact
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

Came with a few extras: a two sided poster educating students on how to use a directory and how to call long distance, and a set of Tell-A-Phone task cards to teach phone skills.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

podor

Score! It's rough, but it still doesn't belong in a dumpster. I had one a while back. I had no idea it was a teletrainer.

Jim Stettler

Looks like a find of the month to me.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Kenton K

Great job saving it from the landfill! I have two of my own, an older one from 50's with a case and two phones (where I got my rose beige!) and a newer one from the 70's I think.

They're pretty nifty!

Ken

Sargeguy

I have had a few Tele-trainers, all of which I ended up selling.  This one is a little more portable so I may keep it once it's fixed up.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

I just tripped over it again.  See classifieds.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

unbeldi

Quote from: Sargeguy on September 07, 2016, 07:44:58 PM
I just tripped over it again.  See classifieds.

Don't get tripped up by the mess of the wiring inside.