News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

"Onix Telephone" - Made in Italy

Started by andrewz, April 20, 2012, 12:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewz

I purchased this rotary phone at an auction in Indiana. Does anybody know anything about it. Is it real marble or is it a knockoff? It definitely works and it weights about 7 pounds. Any information about this phone will be greatly appreciated.

AE_Collector

They are likely real marble but are just 1970's "Decorator Phones", not knock offs of any real antique phone. We discussed in another thread recently that there is a bit of collectibility with all the decorator type phones now.

Welcome to the Rotary Forum by the way!

Terry

andrewz

Thank you very much for the information! I greatly appreciate it! How much do you think someone would pay for it?

twocvbloke

Looks like it's had it's gold plating polished right off, that's the problem with plated stuff, people like to polish it, not realising they're taking the rather valuable (in cases of silver and gold plating) plate off!!! :o

andrewz

I see. Thank you for the input. I do plan on selling it. What do you think its current value is?

twocvbloke

I wouldn't know what value it is, I'm a buyer who tries to get things as cheap as possible, so can't guess at true values, all I can really say is it's worth as much as whatever the highest bidder pays for it (I noticed you have it on ebay at the moment)... ???

andrewz

LOL. I do have it on Ebay at the moment. Would you be an interested buyer at the right price?

twocvbloke

I'm in the wrong country, it'd be too expensive just for shipping alone for me... :D

AE_Collector

I bet these various marble phones could REALLY get SMASHED the way some sellers pack things!

I was surprised to see that various versions of these phones have sold reently as low as $12 and as high as $80. As always, it is just a matter of finding the buyer who just has to have it!

Terry