News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 233G conversion In Progress

Started by HarrySmith, September 22, 2018, 02:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Key2871

Hey, nice paint job that looks great. I think the upper on the right needs something, but good idea just taping the decals to find the right placement for them.
KEN

HarrySmith

Thanks Ken. You may be right. I will try one of the other decals on that side of the upper housing.

I was considering using a White handset with an Orange cord rather than the Orange one with the White cord. The color is not quite a match, although very close. My wife says keep it the way it is.

What is the groups opinion on handset & cord colors?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

FABphones

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 29, 2019, 11:31:43 PM
What is the groups opinion on handset & cord colors?

I'm in agreement that the handset and cord looks good as it is in the photos. You have done a great job on this.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Key2871

Agreed, the handset cord is fine..
KEN

oldguy

Great job Jeff. Did you say you also had a diagram of a 233 with a 101A induction coil? I would like to see that one too. Is it posted on CRPF someplace?
Gary

Doug Rose

Harry....that looks fantastic! Do you have a customer ready to buy it or was this built for you. Amazing job, you should be proud ...Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Thanks guys. It has been quite a journey, I learned a lot working on this. It is not for me and I do not have a buyer as of yet. I am getting ready to post it locally. I am not thinking it will take long to sell here near Miami.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

BTW - If anyone is interested it is for sale! Just PM me.

Also if you are not a Dolphins fan but want a custom painted payphone for your team or school or whatever I do have one more to do. Just let me know what you want. Special requests granted!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

The Dolphins Payphone is now on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303126416857 ( dead link - 8/8/2019 )
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan F

Nice pait job, missing a LOT of parts.