"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric 510 3/54

Started by Doug Rose, September 12, 2010, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Quote from: bingster on October 24, 2010, 04:20:11 PM
Well, you've got all the right photos there, Doug.  With those and a good description, I'm not sure why it didn't sell.  The only thing I could suggest is to give it a good bath and maybe a light polish.  But even as it is, I'd think it should have had a fair amount of interest. 

Maybe you should add "Rare Art Deco Eames Mid Century LQQK! ;)
thanks Darrin
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Doug:

If there were interrested parties on this forum previously, how about having an auction on here? One way would be to start a thread in the "for sale" section, set a price and then reduce it by $5 or $10 every week until its new owner can't resist any longer. What is that called, is it a "Dutch Auction"?

I assume a lot of people use the "Show unread posts since last visit" link to read all threads that have had new posts added to them so each time you add a post adjusting the price downward the thread will present itself to everyone who uses this method on the forum. Even if they don't, the thread will have the [New] box added to it so what I am trying to say is that the for sale thread won't disappear into oblivion on here if you keep adding to it by lowering the price.

I used to sell on ebay but haven't for quite awhile now. Recently I went looking at what it costs to sell now and couldn't believe how much ebaY has cranked the final value fees up. That should drive us to come up with new ways of selling our phones to each other with less of our money going to outsiders such as ebaY.

Terry

Doug Rose

Well guys and gals it is on eBay one last time at $39.99. If it doesn't sell it will be a working phone in my house....Doug

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290492269130&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
Kidphone