News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ebay scammer, or just a bad listing....

Started by Babybearjs, October 30, 2017, 07:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I keep seeing this and it bugs me... the seller going by the handle "svmonster0" "bailys Treasures" has this item up for sale, yet is mentions a 247 KTU, but no pictures.... clearly the 207C has been gutted, and yet they want a high price... just warning everyone... be sure to get more pics prior to bidding or buying....

EDIT: Link...

www.ebay.com/itm/272883987537
John

TelePlay

Need a good link to the current listing and a screen shot of the listing for posterity would be great.

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Babybearjs

see, just the selector switch.... and where's the 247 KTU the listing talks about....?
John

TelePlay

Looking at that selector, all I can say is I still find all of the highly detailed pre-semiconductor products designed by mechanical and electrical engineers for specific purposes quite fascinating in their simple but elegant complexity.

Dan/Panther

Of these two examples which lends itself better in a display setting ?

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

RB

I may vote for the chip...if it was on its back, with a couple wires tacked on...lol ;)

TelePlay

A thing of beauty . . .    including the attached wiring.

HarrySmith

Yes, that is an amazing creation! It is even more impressive when there is a whole room full of them!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

19and41

You know, I have never seen flowered phenolic board like that on the ends of those 2 coils.  A tasteful touch!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke