News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Contempra Handset Cords

Started by poplar1, March 01, 2014, 09:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktownphoneco

There's a 16 page section in a "Station Installation & Repair Manual" I have, dealing with the 3100 series sets, including the schematics.     I'll scan the entire section later today and post it.

Jeff Lamb

Ktownphoneco

Attached in "PDF" format, is the section on the N.E. Contempra 3100 series telephone set from the Bell Canada 1981 Station Installation & Repair Manual.
This was a "fast" scan job, and the paper used to make these manuals is thin, and whatever is on the other side of the page, tends to show through somewhat.     But everything is easy to read.

Jeff Lamb

Contempra

Quote from: Ktownphoneco on September 09, 2015, 06:57:09 PM
Attached in "PDF" format, is the section on the N.E. Contempra 3100 series telephone set from the Bell Canada 1981 Station Installation & Repair Manual.
This was a "fast" scan job, and the paper used to make these manuals is thin, and whatever is on the other side of the page, tends to show through somewhat.     But everything is easy to read.

Jeff Lamb

Thank you Jeff for the pdf..

poplar1

Thanks, Jeff for furnishing the practice. At first glance, it appears that the 3100 base would be interchangeable with a 100 or 2100 base, agree?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Ktownphoneco

Happy to provide it.      Yes, it appears that they are interchangeable.     

Jeff Lamb

markosjal

I would think for the two additional leads it was for a lighted dial which I saw on one contempora MANY years ago.

Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

Contempra

Quote from: markosjal on November 19, 2016, 02:17:41 AM
I would think for the two additional leads it was for a lighted dial which I saw on one contempora MANY years ago.

Ah !,.. i've never seen a lighted dial on a Contempra ...Do you have a photo ?

markosjal

You must mean the photo in my photographic Memory.

See attached
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

Dominic_ContempraPhones

No, there was never a lighted Contempra.  Symphony 2000.  The digipulse circuit, as designed, required two additional leads to provide uninterrupted power to the dial.  It was line powered.