"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need info on this phone

Started by phonium, May 22, 2019, 12:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phonium

Hi.
I am new to this forum and have a Conairphone TP100 and the only info I could find was magazine ads. If you could help me that would be great.

George

PS: I am 12
George Amores
ATCA#4857

Key2871

Hi George, welcome. Your phone is a cheap disposable phone. If it's not working, then it's time to find one a little bit better. Yard sales, flea markets are a great place to look.
One thing that you could build cheap is using a modular Jack and a 9 volt battery. Connect the battery connector from a junked device that used a nine volt battery, remove the connector, then connect the Red wire to the red terminal on the Jack. Connect the black wire to the green terminal on the Jack. Now if you find a phone, you can test it to see if you have a working phone by plugging in the phone to the Jack. It won't ring, but you can use the buttons to see if you get tones, or a clicking sound indicating pulses. Then you can blow into the transmitter to see if you hear it in the receiver of your phone.
A portable telephone tester for you to make sure your buying a working phone.
KEN

HarrySmith

Before you dispose of this disposable phone what exactly is the problem you are having? Can you get it open? If so some good clear pictures of the insides would help to identify what we are dealing with.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

Above the dial, remove the plastic window and the card you write your number on. There should be a couple screws so it can come apart.
KEN

phonium

Quote from: HarrySmith on May 22, 2019, 02:51:57 PM
Before you dispose of this disposable phone what exactly is the problem you are having? Can you get it open? If so some good clear pictures of the insides would help to identify what we are dealing with.

I just could not find much info on this model so I was just wondering some info on it
George Amores
ATCA#4857

Key2871

Well it's from the 80's, came out before their version of the trim phone. That came with a base that the handset would sit in. Because the one you had, people had trouble hanging up the phone because sometimes the hook switch button would not depress enough so it would not clear the line.
KEN

countryman

That one looks much like a phone that I bought in a bargain store in the eighties.
I used it (illegally) on our office line... It had pulse dialing and an annoying buzzing tone in the backgound when using it.
Some day it stopped working and I disposed of it. I still have the line cord. It's justlike yours, but with spade connectors. I put a german jack to it.