CONGRATS TO MCHEATH!!

Started by bwanna, November 01, 2009, 07:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyrotary

foots

Dan/P, you were one of the darn Yankees?  :o
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Dan/Panther

darn Right, me and brother Ted, here is another shot of the photoshoot, after I arrived at the studio.
That IS my hair, and that IS me... :o :o
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

wow, the long lost 5th member of darn YANKEES :o ::)   can i have your autograph ??? ;)
donna

AET

My brother and sister are twins, named Robert Lee and Dixie. True story.
- Tom

McHeath

That picture of me was taken at Fort Point, the only brick Civil War era fort on the West Coast.  (it's in San Francisco)  We have a couple of events each year there, and it has to be the coldest place on the California coast as well, the wind never stops and it gets inside that fort and swirls non-stop.  The events are overnighters, so the reenactors get to sleep in the barracks section of the fort, a rare treat. 

Lots and lots of tourists come to the fort, I'm probably in about a zillion Japanese tourists photo albums of their vacation to the USA.

Here are a couple of more pics of Fort Point.  Worth a visit if you are ever in the city.  Part of Vertigo was filmed there.

As for Civil War reenacting, yes it can get very expensive if you buy well made gear.  We go to 2 or 3 events a year, but if you wanted to you could do an event a month from Feb to Nov.  It can be pretty much what you want out of it, the "hobby" as we call it, some people are into it for political reasons, some for family connections, or patriotic purposes, and some just to have fun. 

Phonesrfun

I've been there a couple of times.  A must see if you are in San Francisco.
-Bill G

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

McHeath

Quotedarn Yankee!!!!

I get that a lot, especially from my family back in Arkansas and Mississippi.  So, to sooth our Southern friends:

AET

Quote from: McHeath on November 05, 2009, 11:34:37 PM
Quotedarn Yankee!!!!

I get that a lot, especially from my family back in Arkansas and Mississippi.  So, to sooth our Southern friends:

Ahh, my good friend Johnny Reb!
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Quote from: Dennis Markham on November 02, 2009, 01:10:27 PM
Dan, the cruise ship in the back ground  might give away the time period! :)

Dennis;
If you look closely, you can clearly see it's the Merrimack......
D/P

bingster

Ahhh... the flag of my Mother State of Maryland.  And amazingly enough, it's got the correct ornament at the top of the pole.  Not many people bother to do that (or know to do that) anymore.
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther