This by far The Worst Ever!!!

Started by Doug Rose, November 02, 2011, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Can you imagine paying $765 for this. What a shame!!!....Doug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390359187981
Kidphone

jsowers

I can't help but think of the old saying: "There's something rotten in the state of Denmark." This must be it.  :)

Doug, is this an actual old phone that's been turned into a mini-bar and smoking station? Or is it just made up of parts? It reminds me of what people do to old console radios and TVs when they turn them into liquor cabinets and stuff.
Jonathan

teka-bb

=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

Sargeguy

I like it-it combines all three of my hobbies!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

gpo706

That's smart!

I want one, but not for the asking price...
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

GG

For all that it actually looks credible as a phone.

But don't laugh: if the neo-prohibitionists get their way, you might need one of these to hide your "contraband" from them when they come sniffing around.

Doesn't do much good for me though, I smoke a pipe. 

Doug Rose

Quote from: jsowers on November 02, 2011, 08:46:52 PM
I can't help but think of the old saying: "There's something rotten in the state of Denmark." This must be it.  :)

Doug, is this an actual old phone that's been turned into a mini-bar and smoking station? Or is it just made up of parts? It reminds me of what people do to old console radios and TVs when they turn them into liquor cabinets and stuff.
Jonathan....to quote my idol, Curly Howard, Moe says there is somethin' rotten in Denmark, Curly says "oh boy, we're goin' to Denmark!"    SLAP

Slap is what this will be if it is not a shill bidder.  nyuknyknyukk.....Doug
Kidphone

jsowers

Quote from: Doug Rose on November 03, 2011, 09:36:57 AM
Slap is what this will be if it is not a shill bidder.  nyuknyknyukk.....Doug

Soitanly! (as he salutes between his eyes to deflect an eye poke and then sticks out his tongue)
Jonathan

Dave F

It's certainly not something that I would want, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  It would be a boring world if everyone had the same tastes.  Now, show me an AUTOVON Call Director for $765 and we can have a serious talk!

Dave F

Quote from: GG on November 03, 2011, 03:58:14 AM

....I smoke a pipe....

Aha!  As long as you feel it's O.K. to pollute the (our/my) air with your pipe, don't complain about my 5-gallons-per-flush toilet!  (Unless, of course, you only smoke it inside your own house.)

DF

Edit:  Those who may be  interested can read the genesis of this post here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5599.0

Babybearjs

OH BROTHER! definately unique! someone got rich quick! I hate that when you get something and the seller does'nt show the ENTIRE thing.
John

GG

Hi Dave! Gee, you and I have so much fun around here, and the best part is that some people even take us seriously:-) 

For the record I don't smoke my pipe where it'll bug nonsmokers.  And for the record it's one of life's great pleasures, right up there with good chocolate, though hardly as addictive as Strauss Farms ice cream.  Darn, now I'm thinking about those pints in the freezer!  Curse you, Red Baron!

Meanwhile back on topic, from what I can see of the listing, it was fully accurate, including the pictures of the interior, and including saying "replica" and so on.  So whoever got this knew what they were getting and paid what they felt was a fair price.

OK, so some of us think he's crazy.  And he would probably think we're crazy. But the thing we can all agree on is, if he wants to spend his money that way, and we want to spend ours this way, it's nice to live in a free society! 

Dave F

Quote from: GG on November 04, 2011, 12:55:07 PM

For the record I don't smoke my pipe where it'll bug nonsmokers.

And I only flush my toilet when I'm alone in the bathroom.

And for the record it's one of life's great pleasures...

Yes, pipe-smoking and toilet-flushing.  Between the two of us, it looks like we've got the spectrum pretty well covered.