"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Happy Birthday Dennis Markham

Started by bwanna, April 22, 2010, 10:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DENNIS,
             Hope you had a good one !!!!!!!!!!!!!   I hope you get all the phones you wanted!!!!!!!!  stub1953
Kenneth Stubblefield

Jester

Happy Birthday, Dennis!  I haven't noticed any 554's, but there are some nice 500's on ebay right now. 
Stephen

GusHerb

Quote from: ae_collector on April 22, 2010, 07:18:31 PM
Quote from: GusHerb on April 22, 2010, 05:13:19 PM
I made it a point not to forget, Then I almost forgot...... Happy birthday Dennis! ;D 
Yours is just one day before my mom's birthday.

My Mom's birthday is tomorrow as well! Hhmmm, your not my long lost brother are you? (just kidding)

Happy Birthday Dennis....I'll mail you your Turquoise B'day present before too long.

Terry

Or our mom's are twins separated at birth.... ;D
Jonathan

AET

A very happy birthday and many, many more Dennis! 

Love the Panasonic phone joke.  Our main phone in my folks' house is a silver panasonic with an answering machine built in *shudders*
- Tom

Dennis Markham

Thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes.  I feel older this morning.  But I'll get over it! :)

McHeath

That's cuz you were out till 3am partying with the homie krewe, hitting the clubs, kickin' it in the VIP lounge, right?
;)

Dennis Markham

Sound good Heath, but in reality I was actually in bed early.....before my official birthday time!  Old people need to go to bed early!

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dennis Markham on April 23, 2010, 02:24:27 PM
Sound good Heath, but in reality I was actually in bed early.....before my official birthday time!  Old people need to go to bed early!
Dennis....that's just keeping with the Speed Limit.....Doug
Kidphone

mienaichizu

Tonyrotary

Happy Belated Birthday Dennis!!! I haven't had much time to keep up with forum lately. Between work, wife, dog, and my other hobby seems there is never enough time to go around.

AE_Collector

Being a "chronic" recycler I'm recycling this thread from last year.

I just happened to notice that there is a birthday coming up on Friday that we shouldn't overlook!
They don't call it Good Friday without a Good Reason!
Happy Advanced Birthday Dennis! One last day to celebrate 55.

Terry

bingster

One last day before our fearless leader breaks the speed limit.  Happy Birthday, Dennis!
= DARRIN =

HarrySmith

WOW, you are even older than me ;D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MORE 8)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Quote from: bingster on April 21, 2011, 08:09:00 AM
One last day before our fearless leader breaks the speed limit.  Happy Birthday, Dennis!

I still have one more day to be younger (than tomorrow).  Thanks for reminding me. :)

Thanks Harry.   Hopefully some day it will be your turn to break the speed limit.

jsowers

Dennis, congratulations on your birthday tomorrow! You were born in one of the best ever years for telephones. In 1955 Western Electric was making the 302, 354, 500 and even the early 554 and the Imperial and Continental.

Here's a kinescope from a week or so before Dennis was born, from Your Hit Parade of 4-16-55. It could be the soundtrack to Dennis refinishing a phone. He's very quick and thorough when it comes to his phones, shining up almost every piece. This is also the soundtrack to those goofy robot cartoons with "the house of the future" if you've seen that. Note the very primitive 1950s visual effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8GYChLym_M
Jonathan