News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

F1 Spitcup??

Started by Babybearjs, November 06, 2011, 01:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

hey guys, I just found this on ebay and am wondering who is finding this kind of stuff.... thie seller is in Wisconsin.... do we have another LOCAL telephone vendor??
John

Doug Rose

Quote from: Babybearjs on November 06, 2011, 01:13:40 AM
hey guys, I just found this on ebay and am wondering who is finding this kind of stuff.... thie seller is in Wisconsin.... do we have another LOCAL telephone vendor??
John....its a tough picture, but it looks like a confidencer on an F1.... if it is a F1. Do you have a better picture?....Doug
Kidphone

GG

Might also be a "sound-powered handset" with a dynamic transmitter.  I vaguely recall a version of that which looked like an F1 and hung up in a wall cradle with a circular place to hang the earpiece. 

Greg G.

Here it is, not sure what it belongs to:  http://tinyurl.com/8454kz5
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Wallphone

I agree with GG that it is a Wheeler Sound Powered handset. And I'll bet that the seller knows that too but he doesn't want the facts to get in the way. I've seen him sell an AE 40 with what he said was an Extensicord when it was really just a braided cord. AND at the same time he had an auction for a real Extensicord so I know that he knew what the difference was.
Doug Pav

paul-f

The same basic handset shape without spitcup is found on some Dictograph models.

Perhaps a supplier made them available on an OEM basis to several companies.

Added the Wheeler version...
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Babybearjs

thanks guys... it sure is a different handset. the other pictures are cool too!
John

GG

Bingo!  The thing I was thinking about is exactly the item Paul has pictured: in the bottom set of pictures, the third picture from the left.

OK, so then the question is, how difficult is it to swap out the dynamic transmitter for a carbon transmitter?   And, can someone "ask a question of the seller" to raise the issue about the sound-powered mic not working on a conventional phone, and needing a carbon mic?  Or would that be a "Mr. Helpful" exercise that spoiled the fun for someone who wanted it as a sound-powered handset?