Hideous Telephones

Started by Stephen Furley, August 04, 2009, 05:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Harlow

Butch Harlow

AL_as_needed

TWinbrook7

oldguy

Not a phone but discusting just the same.
Gary

shortrackskater

They killed it! How horrible. It's been "bookended."  :-\
Mark J.

Fabius

At least it's not an E1 handset.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Key2871

Oh my god, how could someone do that to a classic such as a 202!! That clown should be cut in half and made into door stops. It truly escapes me how people can take these old gems, and make them worthless.
Art, truly is art, but this! Ain't art, it's an atrocity.
KEN

shortrackskater

I think they're bookends but may as well be doorstops or paperweights. Yes agree... what, who, why would anyone think of doing this??? 
Mark J.

andre_janew

Would you feel any better if they did it with a cheap Asian knock-off of a Trimline phone?

shortrackskater

Quote from: andre_janew on September 18, 2018, 06:52:43 PM
Would you feel any better if they did it with a cheap Asian knock-off of a Trimline phone?

Yes! Or maybe whack one of those Crosley "authentic" pay phones and you can hold larger books!
Mark J.

Jim Stettler

Here is one that only made it halfway thru the lampmaker shop. They sprayed it gold but didn't convert it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Electric-302-Bell-System-Old-Phone-Telephone-Plastic-Painted-Gold/123568502637

I  knew an older lady that liked to buy things at yard sales and spray them gold, Flowers, wreaths, mirrors, throw pillows, furniture  ect. It didn't matter. they all got sprayed gold. In retrospect I should of given her a complete-looking  old parts phone to paint. She would of loved this telephone.

I don't,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

19and41

That'd make an entertaining restoration project.  Kind of like breaking open a geode to see what's inside.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Butch Harlow

45.00!! I wouldn't pay 4 or 5 dollars for that mess. Well, maybe 4 but not 5.
Butch Harlow

RotarDad

I believe that 302 belonged to Auric Goldfinger.....  Phones in bright colors that supposedly belonged to bad guys can fetch large sums at auction......  $45 may be a steal... ;D
Paul

Jim Stettler

Here is a flashy embellished phone for $69.09 plus shipping. Note it is missing some jewels on the touchpad

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Phone-Western-Electric-Pink-Push-Button-Corded-Telephone-At-T-Embellished-Flashy/113501848762
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke