News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Re-purposed produce box for shipping box.

Started by Greg G., July 27, 2018, 02:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I discovered a great box for shipping 2 or more phones - cardboard produce box.  There was enough room in there to fit two smaller boxes with room on all sides for packing peanuts.  The phones were going overseas, so I wanted to be sure they would survive the trip.  PO wanted to charge a significant amount more for the two smaller boxes than they would charge for just one large box.  I wrapped the phones with plenty of bubble wrap and packing peanuts in the smaller boxes, then put the two smaller boxes inside the larger box.

Funny thing was, I found the box on Next Door website from a lady who was giving them away, turns out she was the wife of another collector!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Pourme

Nice job....wish everyone would pack phones with that level of responsibility!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Sargeguy

Now if only I could find a good solution for shipping a Western Electric 2-boxer
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

RotarDad

I feel your pain, Greg, on the non-standard box size.  I've had to fabricate ship boxes on many occasions for EBay sales.  One trick I've successfully used several times (for payphones or other longer items) is to find two boxes that are the same size, and then section them together to get the length I need.  With glue on the overlap, they turn out quite strong.  Still requires finding the pair of matched boxes to begin with, but Amazon shipments can be your friend there.  I try to keep most boxes and packing materials for reuse, as I'm sure many do.
Paul