News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gray Telephone Pay Station Company patent has me wondering? wth?

Started by kleenax, February 09, 2018, 06:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleenax

Maybe someone smarter than I can tell me HOW this relates in ANY way whatsoever to a Telephone Pay Station? ? ? ?

Patent # 872678
Patent Date - December 3, 1907

Patent is listed in the 1912 Gray Catalog #22 as being owned by "The Gray Telephone Pay Station Company"

"Actuating Mechanism for Pneumatically Operated Musical Instruments"

I'm still scratching my head on this one! Anyone out there have a payphone that plays music pneumatically that they're not telling us about?

Tom Adams surely has one! ;-).
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Ktownphoneco

Ray   ....  I think with all the excitement over at Gray, they made an error recording the correct number.    Try U.S. Patent No.  872628, issued on the exact same date as the other number.     Most likely somebody tasked with recording hand written patent numbers on a type writer to send to the printers mistook a hand written "2" for a "7".    At least that's my best guess and I'm sticking to it.

Patent attached.

Jeff Lamb

kleenax

Quote from: Ktownphoneco on February 09, 2018, 08:11:16 PM
Ray   ....  I think with all the excitement over at Gray, they made an error recording the correct number.    Try U.S. Patent No.  872628, issued on the exact same date as the other number.     Most likely somebody tasked with recording hand written patent numbers on a type writer to send to the printers mistook a hand written "2" for a "7".    At least that's my best guess and I'm sticking to it.

Patent attached.

Jeff Lamb

Thanks Jeff!

Man, I thought that I had tried all of the most common typos, and came up empty, but you got it! That makes much more sense!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC