News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1977 Jubilee Trimphone

Started by FABphones, March 11, 2019, 05:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

This up on eBay UK, not seen for sale too often so posting as some members may be interested to see how it does in the auction.

I know at least one member has one of these.  ;)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Prototype-1977-Queens-Silver-Jubilee-Trim-phone/202620814964
( dead link 06-02-21 )

Item number 202620814964

Start date/time: 10th March 2019, 17:37
Auction duration: 7 day
Current watch count: 10

Start price £150. No bids, reserve not met.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Quote from: FABphones on March 11, 2019, 05:25:34 AM
This up on eBay UK, not seen for sale too often so posting as some members may be interested to see how it does in the auction.

I know at least one member has one of these.  ;)

That would be me.

I have had this phone for a couple of years now. I found it at a local antique / flea market shop. I paid $20.00 CDN for it.
Here are some pictures of mine in the display case with my other British phones.
Also a couple pictures of others that were for sale in 2017.
The eBay one sold for £300 or $523.92 CDN and $389.66 USD at today's exchange rate.

Thanks for posting that. I like to keep track of the values. :)

Price is climbing.

andy1702

Quite a few of these have turned up over time. I believe they were made by STC and handed out during 1977. Some people say they were prototypes, others say they were given to STC staff members as a celebratory gift. I favour the latter theory as far too many have turned up over the years for them to be prototypes.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

Quote from: andy1702 on March 13, 2019, 04:18:21 PM
Quite a few of these have turned up over time. I believe they were made by STC and handed out during 1977. Some people say they were prototypes, others say they were given to STC staff members as a celebratory gift. I favour the latter theory as far too many have turned up over the years for them to be prototypes.

Andy,

I believe we have been down this path before. LOL  ;)

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18789.0

Sold for: £311.79 GBP

$552.10 CDN

$415.24 USD

Scott

Those are pretty sharp looking telephones.

Scott K.

Owain

There's another chance to get one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Prototype-1977-Queens-Silver-Jubilee-Trim-phone/202631819243
( dead link 06-02-21 )

QuoteThe trim-phone is remarkable condition considering its over forty years old, ( see photos ) no cracks, quite clean. This is the second such phone,coming from the same donation. It's different from the earlier in that it can dial out and receive calls. Apart from that I'm not qualified to confirm the full working condition of the phone. On the base a label states 66 LAU 69AAN, that may mean something to those better understanding such matters.

FABphones

Quote from: Duffy on March 21, 2019, 05:03:28 PM
Yup same seller, he was lucky enough to find two at once.

Agreed, very lucky to have two. The seller said they were donated to the charity.

These phones were made by STC.
STC was about 20 mins down the road from where this charity shop is, so these may have once been in the ownership of an ex-employee.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Pourme

~

One "Ended"  on the 17th, at £311.79
[ 9 bids ]

The other is still going at    
£175.00
Reserve not met
0 bids

currently
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Owain

The second one has now ended

Winning bid: £581.00 [ 5 bids ]

andy1702

Can anyone tell me what colour these phones actually are? It's deceptive from the photos and because of the way the plastic ages. My guess is that the main case is not as white as it appears but is actually the standard very pale colour the GPO referred to on trimphones as grey. Then is the handset the same colour as a normal two-tone blue example or is it a different shade?

I ask because I've got  a big stack of £10 grey trimphones and a reasonable stack of £10 blue trimphones. If I could get a few waterslide transfers done I could probably retire!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

Ktownphoneco

Take note of the one that just ended "Mr. Doug Duffy".   That's $1,010.00 Canadian dollars, or $755.65 USD's.    Very good !

Jeff

Yes Jeff, Not bad for a $20.00 CDN investment.

That is why I keep it under glass, This time next year I'll be rich. :)