Started by Kenny C, November 18, 2010, 10:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

AE_Collector

REAL.

Text says it is a Forest Green. AE made a medium green for 40's and 50's that is quite similar to the newer "Jade Green" for 80's and 90's. However, the pictures don't look anything like that color on my computer. Looks like the gray/green painted 202 color to me. Probably the sellers camera?

Terry

Dennis Markham

This is what the long link did to the page on my end.  Anyone else have this problem??

Notice that the "modify" buttons were hidden.

Please reduce those long links.

Kenny C

sorry ::)

i kinda like it and its only at 81
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

JorgeAmely

Dennis:

Thank you for fixing that up. In my home screen, which is smaller than the one in my office, the reply button was too far out to the right to be able to click it.

And the phone ... it is the real thing, as Terry said. One like this went ballistic about a year or two ago.
Jorge

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dennis Markham on November 18, 2010, 10:42:45 PM
This is what the long link did to the page on my end.  Anyone else have this problem??

Notice that the "modify" buttons were hidden.

Please reduce those long links.

I didn't notice the rest of the page when I first clicked the link and I see the link is now a tinyURL.

Only needed to be shortened up to this. Cut everything after the 12 digit ebaY number.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VTG-30s-40s-Art-Deco-Moderne-Green-Console-Desk-phone_W0QQitemZ250727716952

AE_Collector

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on November 18, 2010, 10:44:43 PM
sorry ::)

i kinda like it and its only at 81

Don't worry about it only being $81 Kenny. $1500 is just around the corner.

Terry

JorgeAmely

Terry, Kenny:

I found some photos from the one that sold on ebay two years ago. It sold for $2300. Taking in consideration the recession, I think it will sell for about the same.

Jorge

Kenny C

I am perfectly happy with thee cheaper WE sets  ;)

Heres my one and only AE
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

AE_Collector

Quote from: JorgeAmely on November 18, 2010, 10:56:02 PM
Terry, Kenny:

I found some photos from the one that sold on ebay two years ago. It sold for $2300. Taking in consideration the recession, I think it will sell for about the same.

Jorge: The color of the AE40 you posted looks quite a bit closer to what it should look like (on my computer).

Terry

JorgeAmely

Terry:

I agree. It could be that the seller's phone has been exposed to a lot of sunlight.
Jorge

Kenny C

does anyone else see how many post I have under my avatar it says leet?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

AE_Collector

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on November 18, 2010, 11:35:01 PM
does anyone else see how many post I have under my avatar it says leet?
HuH? Was it 1337 before your last post changed it to 1338? You might need glasses Kenny!  ???

Maybe you were looking at it in a mirror?

Terry

Phonesrfun

It currently says 1338.

-Bill G

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010