News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Has anyone ever seen one of these (Ford Zephyr/Consul) in North America?

Started by Sargeguy, July 16, 2018, 10:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

I am selling this poster on eBay and a guy from Australia tells me that these were sold in the US and Canada. I've never seen or heard of one until I got this poster:
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

FABphones

I knew someone who had an old Ford Zephyr in the UK. Made also (later, I think) in Australia and New Zealand.

ETA:
'The Ford Zephyr is a car that was manufactured by Ford of Britain from 1950 to 1972. Initially it was sold as a more powerful six-cylinder model to complement the four-cylinder Ford Consul and from 1962 the Zephyr itself was offered in both four- and six-cylinder versions, the Consul having been discontinued.

The Zephyr, and its luxury variants, the Ford Zodiac and Ford Executive, were the largest passenger cars in the British Ford range from 1950 until their replacement by the Consul and Granada models in 1972

The Mark I Ford Consul and Zephyr models were first displayed at the Earls Court Motor Show in 1950'
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

twocvbloke

Where I used to live in Lancashire, someone had a Zephyr dressed up as a police car, looked more foreboding than the diesel Astras they use these days...  ;D

19and41

I can't imagine Ford importing those.  They would be near the same market niche as the Falcon.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

19and41

Wonder if any of those were overseas purchases brought here by military personnel?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

FABphones

Quote from: Dan/Panther on July 18, 2018, 12:53:44 PM
I owned a 69 Ford Cortina....
D/P

In the UK I really liked the old Mk 1, but they were very frowned upon (still not sure why) and I was not at all trendy in liking them.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

MMikeJBenN27

Yes, I have seen them.  They look like a 7/8 scale 54 - 56 US Ford minus the Wrap-around windshield of the 55 - 56, and a different grille.  There is somebody in San Francisco near Connecticut and 18th who has one. 

Mike