News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello, New Member Here! - Marcelo L.

Started by Marcelo L., October 06, 2011, 04:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

You only need two wires for the subset to wall cord.

You'll also need two jumper wires for the inside switch. You can just use some station wire for that. If you want to get proper you can order them here..

http://www.oldphoneworks.com/cord-jumper-cloth-spade-spade-black-6.html
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Marcelo L.

Quote from: Kenny C on October 11, 2011, 10:33:51 PM
You only need two wires for the subset to wall cord.

You'll also need two jumper wires for the inside switch. You can just use some station wire for that. If you want to get proper you can order them here..

http://www.oldphoneworks.com/cord-jumper-cloth-spade-spade-black-6.html

Thanks for the link to oldphoneworks. I purchased the dial overlay from them on ebay but they have many more goodies on their website.

All the line cords I see with a modular end are four conductor (yellow, green, red, black) Would i just buy the four conductor and not use two of the wires?

Kenny C

You're welcome.

Yes, use the red and green and tape the black and yellow.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Marcelo L.

Quote from: Kenny C on October 11, 2011, 11:16:17 PM
You're welcome.

Yes, use the red and green and tape the black and yellow.

Thanks Kenny!

Marcelo L.

I just finished up some shopping for my first phone project. Here's what I ordered:

1 - Cloth covered handset cord: brown 3 conductor with spade ends (white, red & black leads)

1 - Cloth covered subset cord: brown 4 conductor with spade ends (Red, green, yellow & black leads)

1 - Cloth covered line cord: brown 4 conductor with spade ends on one side and modular plug on the other (red, green, yellow & black leads)

2 – Jumper leads with spade ends

2 – Celluloid dial card covers

1 – assorted dial cards

1 – Kellogg water decal (for the subset)

I'm going to stop off at a crafts store over the weekend and see if I can pick up some material to recover the base of my 202.

DavePEI

Quote from: Marcelo L. on October 14, 2011, 12:06:28 PM
I just finished up some shopping for my first phone project. Here's what I ordered:

1 - Cloth covered handset cord: brown 3 conductor with spayed ends (white, red & black leads)

1 - Cloth covered subset cord: brown 4 conductor with spayed ends (Red, green, yellow & black leads)

1 - Cloth covered line cord: brown 4 conductor with spayed ends on one side and modular plug on the other (red, green, yellow & black leads)

OMG! How cruel! Were you afraid they might reproduce? ;)

Wouldn't be a bad thing if they did. Imagine. Then, you could have a whole range of cords from little baby ones to full grown ones. Did the vet charge much to spay them?

Spade or Spaded. No biggie, but the devil made me do it!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Marcelo L.

Quote from: DavePEI on October 14, 2011, 03:15:30 PM
Quote from: Marcelo L. on October 14, 2011, 12:06:28 PM

1 - Cloth covered handset cord: brown 3 conductor with spayed ends (white, red & black leads)

1 - Cloth covered subset cord: brown 4 conductor with spayed ends (Red, green, yellow & black leads)

1 - Cloth covered line cord: brown 4 conductor with spayed ends on one side and modular plug on the other (red, green, yellow & black leads)

OMG! How cruel! Were you afraid they might reproduce? ;)

Wouldn't be a bad thing if they did. Imagine. Then, you could have a whole range of cords from little baby ones to full grown ones. Did the vet charge much to spay them?

Spade or Spaded. No biggie, but the devil made me do it!

Dave

I can't blame that one on autocorrect!  ::face palm:

HA! Well at least I know someone is closely ready my posts! ;D

DavePEI

Quote from: Marcelo L. on October 14, 2011, 03:36:48 PM
I can't blame that one on autocorrect!  ::face palm:

HA! Well at least I know someone is closely ready my posts! ;D

Sorry. Blame my father for that. He was the Head of the Department of English when I was going to school :-)

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

Quote from: DavePEI on October 14, 2011, 04:30:00 PM
He was the Head of the Department of English when I was going to school :-)

Dave

He wasn't just the Head of the English Department, he was Head of the English Department in Brockville Ontario, home of Automatic Electric Canada. You skipped right over some of the most important details.

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_collector on October 14, 2011, 06:02:23 PM
Quote from: DavePEI on October 14, 2011, 04:30:00 PM
He was the Head of the Department of English when I was going to school :-)

Dave

He wasn't just the Head of the English Department, he was Head of the English Department in Brockville Ontario, home of Automatic Electric Canada. You shipped right over some of the most important details.

Terry

That, at least makes it phone related :-) By the way, I just posted a couple of Phillips Electrical Works and GTE/AE photos to the AE50 - Factory or Mod thread...

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

Marcelo L.

OK, so I did some more work on my project today. I believe at this point I am ready to work on the subset box. Please let me know if you see anything askew with my wiring, I used this wiring diagram to wire up the 5H dial and new cords.   

==================================

Moderator Note: There are 41 externally linked images below, linked to Photobucket. This entire post/reply has been printed in and attached at the bottom of this post/reply as a PDF document.

==================================

Phonesrfun

Looks great.  The wiring looks like it should.
-Bill G

bingster

I think I just had a mild heart attack at the sight of the switch stack disassembled and piled up. ;)
= DARRIN =

Marcelo L.

Quote from: bingster on October 23, 2011, 10:30:30 PM
I think I just had a mild heart attack at the sight of the switch stack disassembled and piled up. ;)

Yeah, that was an oopsie on my part. I'll get it back together ;D

Marcelo L.

I wanted to confirm a few things before I proceed. I wanted to make sure that the two pieces indicated below are the only pieces I need from the 302, and that I identified them correctly.

1) 

Pretty much the only thing I'm leaving in the subset is the ringer, correct? What's #1 below, is that part of the condenser?

2)