News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg Carlson Orange 554 1971

Started by LM Ericsson, March 15, 2012, 06:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM Ericsson

This is the orange 554 that I mentioned on the other topic that I bought along with the white 500. The phone was pretty dirty before I got it home. Dust was caked everywhere on the inside. There were many cobwebs as well. The dial was in pretty good condition and only needed a light oiling. The original handset cord was a ugly white stretched-out handset cord. I replaced it with a NOS orange handset cord from OldPhoneWorks. I inserted a new dial card in the dial. The "Please Wait For Dial Tone" words were not originally there. I added them in microsoft word. Anyway, here are some good pictures:
Regards,
-Grayson

HarrySmith

Nice cleanup job! Looks great! I like those bright SC colors, the orange & green. I think I may add those to my collection some day.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

twocvbloke

Very nice phone, very 1970s in colour too, my dad used to have a Skoda Estelle in that colour... :D

And for dial cards, you should get yourself the Brush Script MT font, as that is the one used for the top portion of the card (the "Wait" or "Listen" part), it's the same font as used on the forum's logo at the top there... :)

Font download location:
http://www.ufonts.com/fonts/brush-script-mt-italic.html

:)

canuckphoneguy

Great cleanup job! I love the colour of the phone!