and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

“SOLD!” by AE_Collector

Started by AE_Collector, January 03, 2018, 09:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

SOLD (Locally) - March 2018

Northern Electric Dates Matching 1967 Light Blue "Aqua" 500C/D

I was looking for a Turquiose AE 80 and came up with this Light Blue NE 500C/D.

Obviously it has been sun tanning somewhere before it came to live with me but looking closely this seems like a somewhat desirable phone other than the discolouration.

All appears original with November 1967 dates throughout. The handset cord is in great shape but someone snipped the base cord off unfortunately. I hooked it to my telephone tester and the dial is accurate and sounds good. The C4A Ringer works.

It has surprisingly even discolration, the only blue parts of the housing are immediately around the cradle supports on the underside of the handset and by the plungers. Maybe it needs a turquoise handset cord to complete its transformation.

A good project for sanding or bleaching? Feedback is more than welcome!

US $20 plus shipping from Vancouver Canada or Washington State at actual shipping cost only.

PM me or email Terry.Biddlecombe@Gmail.com if interested.

<edit> I put an AE Turquoise (Sea Foam Green) handset cord on this and it sold quickly locally to someone who wanted a Sea Foam Green Dial Phone!

Terry

AE_Collector

Automatic Electric 183 Spacesaver Less Dial Version in Black

This AE 183 Spacesaver is the Less Dial version and has an AE Push to Talk Handset. These less dial 183's seemed to quite often be equipped with PTT handsets, likely for use in noisy factories I guess.

Of course 183's never come with a ringer in them either....no room!

It works...as much as possible with no dial and no ringer.

"Dates Matching" if that is possible with AE! Dated Oct 1982 on the back plate and the capsules are OY and CY. Y is likely the code for 1982 and the first letters O & C likely refer to a two week period of the production year. But....that is still a work in progress. The date on the backplate is October 1982.

The plastic has the usual slight surface scratches but nothing bad. It has a good shine to it and very even black color. Virtually no pitting on the chrome handset cradle.

$25 plus shipping

Terry

AE_Collector

SOLD (Locally) - May 2018

ATC "Genie" TT Dial in Dark Blue

Does anyone collect the ATC Decorator phones? ATC made the plastic Candlesticks, Chestphones, etc. Many of those early ATC phones were the ones the phone companies sold or rented. In Canada we had the "Sale of Shell" program where a customer could buy the Decorator Phone that they wanted from the Telco and then pay the monthly rent as an extension phone which included repair of the electrical parts. This was before deregulation allowed you to own your own phone.

This ATC "Genie" looks virtually black but is really a very dark blue and surprisingly it looks blue in the pictures. Very nice shape though it is used and everything works. Matching original dark blue modular handset coil cord is in very good condition.

US $20 plus shipping from Vancouver Canada or Washington State at actual shipping cost only.

Terry

AE_Collector

SOLD - January 2018

Northern Electric #1 Desk Uniphone

This NE #1 Uniphone Desk model is complete except the B1A ringer has been replaced with a 90 volt buzzer and the number card retainer ring is missing.

It works and has a modular cord on it. Marked Northern Electric F1 Handset.

No chips or cracks, Bakelite is quite good.

US $35 plus shipping from Vancouver Canada or Washington State at actual shipping cost only.

Terry

AE_Collector

SOLD - January 2018

Northern Electric #2 Wall Uniphone

This NE #2 Uniphone Wall model is complete.

It works and has a modular cord installed on it. Marked Northern Electric F1 Handset.

No chips or cracks , Bakelite is quite good.

US $45 plus shipping from Vancouver Canada or Washington State at actual shipping cost only.

Terry

AE_Collector

SOLD - February 2018

Northern Electric 551 "Shoebox" 4 Line 1A2 Key System Panel with Line Cards

I have had this for quite awhile. Was working when removed. Powers up now and I can click the relays by shorting the A & A1 leads simulating a Phone/line going off hook. So, I have no reason to suspect any problems with it.

This doesn't have 90 VAC ringing built in, I don't know if any of these did. This would do 10 or 20 VAC Common Audible Ringing or a conventional ringer in the Phone bridged across the line you wanted to ring at that station.

Marked NECo on the outside and stamped NECo inside. The power supply has a Stronberg Carlson stamp on it and the green paper tag says Stronberg Carlson. So...I have no idea! Made by NECo for SC? Other way around? Made by NECo and rehabbed by SC? .....no idea....

It had 3 line cards, I added the fourth one. Cards are NECo. Comes with the old style twist lock AC power cord. I suspect the twist lock receptacle in the cabinet was replaced and the new one was never properly mounted to the cabinet again, it is loose but that can easily be re-attached.

This is the smallest 1A2 System you can find and is perfect for us hobbyists being small with a nice enclosed case to mount on the wall or sit on a shelf.

I can also supply a 66 tool for the Quick Conect block inside and 25 pair cables with Amphenols to plug in your Key Phones.

US $100 $90 plus actual shipping cost from Vancouver Canada OR from 98281 in Washington State.

Terry

AE_Collector

SOLD - January 2018

Western Electric 1C2 Single Slot Payphone

This 1C2 Payphone is in nice shape, just a couple of small spots with missing paint. Looks like it has been refurbished a few times over the years but what payphone hasn't been.

It has no locks so you don't have to break in to it. Just get a T Key to open it up.

Coin box with lid is included.

Backboard is included.

US $120 plus shipping from 98281. It is heavy, about 50 pounds plus a few more pounds of packing material.

This phone was discussed in this topic:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18343.0

Terry

AE_Collector

SOLD - January 2018

Northern Telecom QSQE2500BX Ivory "ePhone" dated 1983

Appears to be New in the Box Northern Telecom QSQE2500BX Ivory "ePhone" dated 1983. The box could be better, but just a bit ragged on the edges. We used to get these to use as Analog phones on PABX installs through the mid 80's once AE was winding down 80E production.

The "e-Phone" was the next step at cost reduction to compete with the new imported junk. Everything is on the back of the touch pad, no more network. Yet the switch hook and bell were still mechanical. Northern still hadn't gone to full modular on many of these phones by then, just 1/4 modular, the other three ends are still Hardwired.

The phone appears to have been unpacked, had Station 234 written on it but then wasn't used and was put back in the plastic wrap and box. This made me think maybe it doesn't work. But, it does. The touch pad is a bit staticky when the buttons are pushed, somethings sounds normal and other times makes a scratchy sound along with the tones. It dials properly every time. So maybe this is why it went back into the box or maybe that problem developed over the years in storage. It is 35 years old and effectively unused.

For anyone who collects Northern Phones, this is a virtually perfect 35 year old example of the "e-Phone" with its box.

$20 plus shipping or make an offer. Otherwise off to the antique consignment store.

Terry

AE_Collector

SOLD - February 2018

SANBAR Model SB 4200A MUSIC ON HOLD 1A2 LINE CARD

I have three of these in the boxes so hopefully they should work. It was near the end of the 1A2 era when a few manufacturers came up with line cards that could couple music to held lines.

US$15 each or all three for $35 plus actual shipping from Vancouver Canada or Washington State 98281.

Terry

AE_Collector

Nortel Dawn Rotary 1983 in Green/Blue Colour

Another early Decorator Phone. This one is a Nortel "Dawn" made in 1983. It is a hard colour to describe, sort of blue/green. Of course this colour can be horribly discoloured but this one did quite well, only a slight change in colour towards green is evident under the handset in the cradle area depending on the light in the room.

The base is cast metal so it is quite heavy and solid feeling. Dial works well as does its mechanical Ringer. Looks like the made the base to have a midular jack in there but like most Canadian phones from the 80's they remained Only 1/4 modular....just the plug on the end of the line cord.

US $35 plus shipping from Vancouver Canada or Washington State at actual shipping cost only.

Terry

AE_Collector

Payphone Handset Cap Tightening (or Loosening) Tool, A.T.I. Part # 1468-3

Four Items SOLD - February 2018

These were used primarily to crank the handset caps onto Payphone Handsets so tight that no one could remove them without this tool. But of course us hobbyists can use them to get stuck caps off of most handsets.

$20 plus actual shipping. A $6 something Flat Rate Envelope should do it within the USA for one or several of these. Might be able to send one First Class Postage for less $ or has US First Class now added a thickness maximum of less than 1/2" (like Canada has had for years)?

I have at least three of them needing new homes.

Terry

AE_Collector

SOLD - February 2018

Amp Mod Plug Kit Part #231666-9 Crimper for 4, 6 & 8 Position RJ Plugs

This is likely the King of RJ Plug Crimping Tools, it has to be with the Amp name on it. I think that the kit might have come with the crimper and then you add the types of crimping dies that you need. From the list in the lid this one has the green, blue and black dies so it does 4 position handset plugs, 2, 4 or 6 pin 6 position line cord plugs and 8 pin RJ45 type plugs.

You should never have another problem with crimped RJ plugs! Tool appears to have seen very little use. I will put in 20 or so of each of 4, 6 & 8 contact size plugs.

$45 plus actual shipping. A $6 plus change Flat Rate Envelope should do it within the USA.

Terry

AE_Collector

SOLD (Locally) - April 2019

Sand Beige AE 80

it is only a Sand Beige AE80 and most phones I pull out of storage like this go to a local antique store or I put them on FB Marketplace. However, if I find a particularly nice phone I will put it here just in case a Collector is looking for one....even if it is a colour that isn't on the top of anyone's wanted list.

This one has no repainted parts (our shops repainted a lot of phones) and it is in particularly nice condition. It is from August 1975 and may have been refurbished through our shops with new plastic parts. But then again, 1975 was right about when 80's were discontinued and 80E's took over. So, maybe it just saw limited use.

The Sand Beige Coil Cord and Base Cord look like new.

It has a Straight Line Ringer.

The rubber or neoprene feet are soft like they are new. Most of the feet on older AE 80's have rock hard feet on them now.

I gave it a quick test and all seems to work properly.

US $30 plus actual cost shipping from Vancouver Canada or Washington State 98281.

Terry