News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 202B KTU issues-R and PF relays

Started by Babybearjs, January 30, 2019, 07:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

The R relay is shown being connected to terminal (36) on the schematic. it shows it being connected to a 211 KTU. you are looking at 518-114-110 page #6, right?
John

Key2871

Yes, correct but it doesn't actually refer to that as the R relay but since it's all CA circuit I figured that's what it was.
But as I said, there is several components that control the coil. Have you tried operating the relay manually, to see that it actually moves, perhaps rings that line?
Because if you super imposed a control voltage I don't know what would happen if it would fry something. But you would need to get the polarity correct. Do you have a VOM? I would see if you get a control voltage show up when you rang that line. Then you would know if that relay is even getting a voltage to it, or if the coil or something else is open.
Do you see any components such as resisters diodes, anything such as that.
The schematic shows them, but I didn't know it was anything you could actually see, to find out of something looked smoked or fried.
KEN

Key2871

Okay, after reading your post again, I see that it detects a ring signal to operate. So dis connect the line, connect the incoming to the CA ring voltage, apply it to the incoming to that circuit. It should operate the relay. If it does not, then it would call for replacing the circuit pack. But I know good luck there. Eventually you will need to go with a more up-to date system, such as a 1A2. A 551-C would be nice, it's small does not take up a lot of real estate, and parts are plentiful and it's way easier to work on. YOU just need to get a 118A freq generator with it to provide ring voltage. Or get that from your current power supply for your 1A1. So bottom line, sounds like you're ring detector circuit is failing or has failed for that circuit pack. Replace it, or scrap the system for a better one. Another thought, it's for C net, is C net not sending an ample signal to operate that pack? Doing what I recommend in the first place would verify it quickly. If it works with your ring voltage, it's  boiling down to C net.

Ken
KEN

Babybearjs

my 20B2 has a ringing voltage, so I can use that if necessary.
John