and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 1A Monophone connection problems UPDATE

Started by Nessie, August 31, 2017, 04:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessie

UPDATE
Hi,

I need to verify the wiring & connect this 1A monophone to this AE subset.  I believe it is anti sidetone.  Hook switch is 4 spring. AE dial.  The subset  has had the ringer replaced & has a D282155 coil. How do I do this.  I found a partial schematic for the phone but not sure if I wired it correctly.  Thanks.

I got the phone wired & connected to the subset. It dials out, receives calls & has dial tone but it wont go off hook properly: the dial tone goes away but I hear hissing & static continuously. What would be causing this?  I had to bridge No 3 to No 8 to get a dial tone.

I'm  not very good at reading schematics.  Thanks

unbeldi

The 1A with a 4-point hookswitch would probably more likely be used with a type 7006 ringer box, which had the D-281528-A induction coil. This was before the Type 32 subset (yours) was available, which would be more time-period correct with the 5-point HS version of the 1A.

But no doubt, we might expect mixtures.

(In a little while) I'll paste together the subset portion of the later 1A with the desk stand diagram of the earlier 1A, using the diagrams I already have.

unbeldi

Here is the schematic diagram of your mixture of old (desk set) and newer (subset) style 1A parts.

The subset is drawn for grounded ringing, since you showed two condensers in your subset.  You need only one for metallic ringing:  Simply move the ringer lead from terminal 7 to 10, or connect GND to L1.

stub

Nessie,
            Your phone base is a AE 11-A with the 205 ohm wire wound resistor on terminal 8 to terminal 2. Your handset should have 3 wires in it if it is the induction-coil receiver, like pic. Your phone only needs a ringer box with a .47 or 1. mfd capacitor and ringer.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield