News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Guidelines for “outing” under-the-radar auctions ?

Started by RotarDad, March 27, 2019, 10:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Harlow

Quote from: Dan/Panther on March 30, 2019, 12:10:13 PM
Butch;

How would you feel if like you said, you found that hidden treasure, and someone else found it also, didn't want it but came on CRPF and posted a link and photos, and you lost it by a dollar. Don't say you'd be OK with that, because NO ONE WOULD. Of course you'd get over it, but it will always be the one that got away.

D/P

Sorry for the very long time since your reply, but it happens to me all the time. Like I said, I see Ebay as a form of gambling. Yes, it would hurt to know that exposure on the forum may have tipped an auction away from me. But, because of the open and public aspect of ebay, I figure a guy like me, with my budgetary handicap, is at a disadvantage from the start. A few years back Ebay made it so you had no idea who was bidding against you, in the early years that wasn't so. I remember a few online fights started over people outbidding one another in my Pez collector groups. Once Ebay ended that things got a little better. I personally would never talk about an auction I had interest in with a group of similarly interested people. However, it's a free country I guess. The forum, however, is not. If it were made a rule that auctions were not to be discussed until they were over enforced by some sort of penalty, I would totally adhere to said rule.
Butch Harlow