and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Contest #1

Started by Mark Stevens, January 19, 2009, 02:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konrad

39 Steps

Mark Stevens

I don't want to spoil everyone's fun, but the odds of winning through guessing on this contest is ZERO!  ;)

rp2813

Rats!  I Googled the phone number and got no good hits.  I'm wondering if the documents next to the phone are supposed to provide a clue.  Looks like that phone was used by a left handed person . . .
Ralph

Dennis Markham

For the record, Dennis has no clue from which movie that phone appeared.  I have been avoiding making a guess because it would be just that.....but what the heck, I'll take a stab at it.........Since the Christmas season has passed, maybe Mark was watching It's a Wonderful Life and the phone appears there???

Dan/Panther

This phone appears in a home video shot by you, and screen captured and converted to Black and White. It's your own phone.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dan/Panther

Quote from: Mark Stevens on January 20, 2009, 09:48:28 AM
I don't want to spoil everyone's fun, but the odds of winning through guessing on this contest is ZERO!  ;)

Mark;
Please clarify that statement, because if the movie has a title,  it is possiblt to guess it. Since you said no hints were forth coming, then that must be an absolute statement ?
Did tou mean to say practically impossible?
D/P

McHeath

"Out of the Past"

The movie, not the phone.

winkydink

Quote from: Mark Stevens on January 20, 2009, 09:48:28 AM

Francis the Talking Mule

metdial

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Dan/Panther on January 20, 2009, 08:32:17 PM
Did tou mean to say practically impossible?
D/P

Yes, that's what I meant. Pardon my error!

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Dan/Panther on January 20, 2009, 02:01:50 PM
This phone appears in a home video shot by you, and screen captured and converted to Black and White. It's your own phone.
D/P

Oh boy, that would have been devious of me!  Even if I had thought of it I wouldn't have dared...I'm not up for getting lynched!  ;)

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Dennis Markham on January 20, 2009, 01:06:40 PM
For the record, Dennis has no clue from which movie that phone appeared.  I have been avoiding making a guess because it would be just that.....but what the heck, I'll take a stab at it.........Since the Christmas season has passed, maybe Mark was watching It's a Wonderful Life and the phone appears there???

Wow, Dennis...that's a great guess!!!  (but it's wrong)   :D :D :D :

Mark Stevens

Hey, this is no fun...I've really stumped you guys!  To elaborate on my "guessing won't get it" statement, what I should have said is that the person that gets it right will know they've got it, as they will probably have to see the film in order to identify the capture.
I've tried to think of a clue I might toss out, but I can't think of anything that wouldn't make it obvious.  I'll think on it.

Dan/Panther

Don't give up on us yet, we still have a long ways to go.

D/P